5 Great Job Opportunities in the field of Chemistry: Studying chemistry comes with a lot of benefits. It lets you develop subject specific skills and transferable career opportunities. Job opportunities in chemistry are there more than ever – and are valued by all employers. Also, your future career doesn’t have to be in a lab – yes, chemistry evolved a lot over the years and has introduced a new set of highly paying jobs. Including:
- Analytical Chemist – If your technical skill set is strong, chemical analytics is a career for you. A strong science-based degree, however, is a must. The job involves the drug development process, studying the physical and chemical properties and products.
- Chemical Engineer – Chemical Engineering is one of the highest paid jobs currently, and one that designs and develops the processes in order to create a variety of products. Challenging the physical, biochemical and chemical state of a substance, chemical engineering focuses on making something else from it. An example is making plastic from oil.
- Healthcare Scientist – Healthcare scientists involved in biochemistry take samples from patient’s urine, blood or other bodily fluids in order to investigate them, diagnose or treat many diseases. This job position also has a lot to do with developing and implementing new techniques.
- Forensic Scientist – Studying and working in forensics has always been a dream job for many. The impartial scientific evidence used in courts of law to support a prosecution or defense is a challenging job, which includes blood, hair, fiber, paint, tire or flammable substances’ samples.
- Research Scientist – Being a research scientist is like being the guru in finding all the clues of how the physical world works. Combining chemistry, astronomy, math, geosciences, physics and a lot more is just the tip of the iceberg of opportunities with this job.
In the end, a qualification in chemistry can definitely open the door to a wide range of careers.