BioInformatics National Certification | BINC Examination 2018: On behalf of Department of Biotechnology (DBT: Government of India, BCIL is coordinating Bioinformatics National Certification (BINC). The objective of BINC Is to Identify & certify bioinformatics professionals to improve their employment opportunities. Successful candidates may also avail Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for pursuing Ph.D. in Indian Institutes/Universities. BINC certification also helps potential employers in recuiting candidates having exceptionally good Bioinformatics skills.
BioInformatics National Certification | BINC Examination 2018
Applications are invited from bonafide Indian citizens. residing In India for appearing for the BINC examination as per details below:
- Bachelor /Master degree holders in Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary, Medicine, Pharmacy, Engineering and Technology are eligible to apply.
- Candidates need not have any formal training, diploma or certificate in bioinformatics.
- Candidates in final year of Bachelor’s / Master’s degree are also eligible to apply.
- The examination fee is Rs. 600/- for General candidates, Rs. 400/- for Women/OBC candidates and Rs. 200 for SC/ST candidates is payable online.
- Differently abled candidates are exempted from payment of examination fees.
- Part I (Paper I) will be of objective type of two years duration and candidates scoring a minimum of 40% marks in Paper-I will be called for Part-II examination.
- A candidate may opt out for any three centres of their choice to appear for the exam from the options given in the application form.
- Efforts would be made to allot one of the three centres. In certain cases, candidates may be alloted to a different city/centre due to administrative reasons.
- Part II examination will be of short answer type questions of three hours duration while
- Paper – III will be practical examination of two hours duration to test analytical ability and programming skills of candidates. No TA/DA shall be paid to any candidates for undertaking any exam.
Award of Fellowship:
- Award letter / certificate would be issued to successful candidates subject to verification of necessary documents / certificates.
- Successful candidates will be eligible for activation of fellowship subject to Ph.D. registration in a recognized university or institute in the country within two years from the date of issue of Award letter.
- Registration for Ph.D. is candidate’s responsibility and BCIL / DBT will have no role / responsibility in this. In addition, cash prize of, 10,000/- each will be awarded to the top ten successful candidates.
Examination Centers for Part – I: Hyderabad, Guwahati, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Lucknow, Delhi, Bangalore, Bhopal, Pune, Chennai, Thiruvanantha puram and Vadodara.
Examination Centers for Part – II: Savitribai Phule Pune University, formerly University of Pune, Pune; Sri Venkateswara College, New Delhi; Anna University, Chennai; Bose Institute, Kolkata; Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology, Bangalore; University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, Assam Agricultural University, Guwahati and University of Kera la, Thiruvananthapuram.
How to Apply:
Application can be filled online by visiting http://bcil.nic.in/BINC.html.
Syllabus for the examination is available on website. It consists of five sections: Bioinformatics, Biology, Physical & Chemical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics and Computer Science & Information Technology.
Last date for application: 31st May 2018.