Biology Job | Med Lab Tech-Processing @ OSUMC: The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, formerly called The Ohio State University Medical Center (OSUMC), is a multidisciplinary academic medical center located in Columbus, Ohio. OSU Medical Center was the only central Ohio hospital ranked as “America’s Best” in 2010.The Ohio State University College of Medicine is consistently ranked among the top 40 medical schools in the United States and among the top 15 at public universities. The College’s innovative curriculum places students in clinical settings from the start of their first year. We are one of the few schools in the world to offer five dual medical degrees: MD/PhD, MD/MBA, MD/JD, MD/MHA, and MD/MPH.More than 65 accredited graduate and residency programs train more than 800 residents and fellows each year.
The university’s research innovations have attained world-class status, particularly in critical areas such as cancer, infectious disease, neurosciences, advanced materials, global climate changeand ag-bio products .
Biology Job | Med Lab Tech-Processing @ OSUMC
- specimen processing, computer test order entry; verification of laboratory test requisition entry, and customer service related duties.
- handling and plating specimens including blood, urine, stool, tissue, and other specimens.
- quality control, problem solving, continuous quality improvement activities, inventory control, professional development and continuing education within the area.
- Performs preanalytical processes to include receiving, accessioning, processing, plating, and incubating specimens for microbiology testing.
- effective verbal and written communication with staff and clients.
- Associates degree in biological science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of the principles, operations, and maintenance of lab equipment and good laboratory technique
Job Title: Med Lab Tech-Processing
Job ID: 416648
Location: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
FTE %: 100
Salary Range: $12.50-$18.75
View Original Notification- https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/careers/allied-health/416648