Biomedical Engineering Summer Training | ITRI Global Internship Program: Each summer ITRI hosts around 30 international students for internships of 2-3 months. ITRI also offers a limited number of longer internships of 4-6 months during Spring, Summer, and Fall.
Application for Summer 2017 internships is now open. To review position descriptions and apply, click on Find a Job from the menu at right, then click on Apply Now to enter the application system, then under Job Field choose Intern and search. BEFORE YOU APPLY, PLEASE READ BOTH PAGES OF THE “INTERNSHIP PROGRAM DETAILS AND APPLICATION INFORMATION” LINK BELOW.
Those seeking longer 4-6 month internships during spring or fall 2017 can use the above application system to apply, just indicate your desired internship dates in the Personal Statement field on the Personal Information tab.
Please note that you MUST have student status during the period of your internship. If you have already graduated, or will graduate before the end date of your internship, you are not eligible for internship in Taiwan.
Biomedical Engineering Summer Training | ITRI Global Internship Program
This program is open to graduate and undergraduate students currently enrolled at accredited colleges and universities. Accepted interns MUST be able to provide documentary evidence from the university of student status during the entire period of the internship.
Candidates must hold a valid passport from a country other than Taiwan (ROC).
- Summer Interns should be available to work for at least 10 weeks between May and September.
- Longer internships of 4-6 months are possible throughout the year.
- Dates are flexible depending on student and department needs, and are decided case-by-case when acceptance offers are made.
What ITRI Provides[Note: The package described below is standard, but varies depending on the circumstances; details of your offer will be confirmed if you are selected.]
-Free on-site accommodation on ITRI campus – modern dormitories on a spacious campus with dining and recreational facilities
-Monthly stipend (before taxes): NT$24,000 – NT$36,000 per month, depending on student’s experience and department’s situation; if you are offered a position, the offer will specify the stipend and other details.
-Free ITRI Group Insurance (Note: this is Accident Insurance – those who want full medical coverage must purchase it independently.)
-A tour of the Hsinchu Science-Based Industrial Park with company site visits, to promote understanding of Taiwan’s technology industry.
-Subsidized group trip to scenic destination in Taiwan.
When is the application deadline?
Application for most positions will close at the end of February and we hope to inform all decisions by the end of March. We will remove positions as they are filled, so if a position is posted that means application is still open.
-Unless otherwise specified, the working language for these internships will be English; if knowledge of Mandarin is required it is noted in the Job Description under Other criteria.
-Unless otherwise specified in your offer, interns are responsible for their travel expenses to and from ITRI’s Taiwan campuses.
-ITRI will obtain work (internship) permission for accepted interns, who must then obtain ROC visas from the nearest Taiwan Economic and Cultural Office before departing their home country (for locations/more info see http://www.taiwanembassy.org/dept.asp?mp=1&codemeta=locationIDE ).
-ITRI also offers some internships through the Taiwan Tech Trek program, which is run by the National Science Council of the ROC and targeted at 2nd-generation overseas Taiwanese. If you have Taiwanese ancestry, you can apply for internships at ITRI (and many other fine organizations in Taiwan) through the Taiwan Tech Trek website: https://ap0512.most.gov.tw/ttt/
-ITRI will be closed to celebrate Lunar New Year from 1/27 – 2/01/2017, we will return to work on 2/02. We apologize for any delay in responding to your inquiries.
For ROC citizens
If you are an ROC citizen who does not hold any foreign passport, you are not eligible for the International Internship Program positions on this website. For those who hold only ROC citizenship, ITRI does offer internships, but this is handled separately by each department. If you are interested, please send your CV/resume to talent AT itri.org.tw, with a brief message indicating which department(s) are of interest to you.
Foreign males of Taiwanese descent, between ages 18 and 40 (inclusive), and carrying foreign passports are not advised to stay in Taiwan for more than four months. If you participate in this program and decide to arrive earlier or leave later than the scheduled program dates, the total length of your stay in Taiwan should not exceed four months to avoid conscription problems. For more details on military service, please check with your nearest ROC embassy, consulate or representative office, or with the Ministry of the Interior.
How to Apply
- To review internship position descriptions and apply through the on-line system, click on Find a Job on the menu at right, then click on Apply Now to enter the on-line application system (supported by Taleo).
- To see the Internship Openings, use the Search function and for Job Field choose Intern.
- In order to apply, you must register your profile in the system and fill out all required fields (marked with an asterisk).
- When you create your account, you will have the option (under ‘Resume Parsing’) to upload data from LinkedIn or to upload your resume. PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR RESUME AT THIS POINT; it may be more difficult to upload your resume later. The maximum file size for your resume is 97Kb, please reduce the file size of your resume accordingly.
- Please be sure to indicate your Desired/Available Internship Period on the tab for Personal Information.
- You may apply for a maximum of 5 positions.
- If you want to edit your profile later, you first Login to the system, then click on My Jobpage to view the positions you are applying for, then under each position you can click on View / Edit Submission to edit your profile or update your resume attachment, etc.
- If you have questions or are having problems applying, please contact talent AT itri.org.tw.
ITRI International Internship Program
Rm. 315, Bldg. 51, Chung Hsing Rd. Sec. 4, #195
Chutung, Hsinchu, Taiwan ROC 310
E-mail: talent AT itri.org.tw