Biotech Internships | 50 Summer Fellowships @ NIT Rourkela: NIT Rourkela has launched a Summer Internship Programme with an objective to encourage ambitious bright students of different Institutes in India other than NIT Rourkela to pursue an innovative research and development project under the guidance of NIT Rourkela faculties. The selected summer fellow will register at NIT Rourkela for whom there will be no institute registration fees. The Institute is pleased to provide 50 nos. of Summer Fellowships.
DURATION: The internship duration is one and half months between May 15 to Jun 30, 2017. In special case if it is requested by your college/institute, it can be continued till Jul 14, 2017. Biometric attendance on working days is compulsory. Extra leave is not applicable.
Biotech Internships | 50 Summer Fellowships @ NIT Rourkela
FELLOWSHIP AND OTHER FACILITIESA gross fellowship of Rs. 3,500/- will be provided for a period of one and half months (or 2 months if needed as mentioned above) to partially bear the food cost. Fellowship will be provided to those, who stay in NITR hostels for partial support for their food at hostel**.
- A gross fellowship of Rs. 3,500/- will be provided for a period of one and half months (or 2 months if needed as mentioned above) to partially bear the food cost. Fellowship will be provided to those, who stay in NITR hostels for partial support for their food at hostel**.
- Free Accommodation in the NIT Halls of Residences.
- Laboratory, Library Facilities (without barrowing) and internet facilities.
- Medical facility (consultation with doctor at Institute dispensary).
** Approximate food cost at NIT Rourkela Hostel: Rs. 2,790/- per month (30 days).
#The fellowship is available in the following departments: (Total 50 fellows)
- BM : Biotechnology & Medical Engineering
- CE : Civil Engineering
- CH : Chemical Engineering
- CR : Ceramic Engineering
- CS : Computer Science & Engineering
- CY : Chemistry
- EC : Electronics & Communication Engineering
- EE : Electrical Engineering
- ER : Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- FT : Food Processing Engineering
- HS : Humanities & Social Sciences
- ID : Industrial Design
- LS : Life Science
- MA : Mathematics
- ME : Mechanical Engineering
- MM : Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- MN : Mining Engineering
- PA : Planning & Architecture
- PH : Physics
- SM : School of Management
# Depending on availabe projects floated by the repective departments.
- The student should be free in the above mentioned period (May 15 to Jun 30, 2017); otherwise he/she should not apply. Request of late joining or early leaving will not be entertained.
- He/she should have all grade sheets till the previous semesters (Example, if he/she has just appeared for 6th semester examination, up to 5th semester result should be available at the time of online application).
- Any B.E./B. Tech student with a good academic record, who has appeared at least 4th semester examination.
- Any B. Arch/Integrated M.Sc./Integrated M.Tech/Dual degree student with a good academic record, who has appeared at least 6th semester examination.
- Any M.Sc/MA in Development Studies/MBA student with a good academic record, who has appeared at least 2nd semester examination.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and eligible students need to complete the online application form before Mar 17, 2017 (Friday) by clicking the link given below.
First register yourself to create a login id and password. Please do not try to create multiple login, in that case system may block your application. After that you can login to the system and fill up the application form. Please choose appropriate project with a write up about your possible contribution under that project. You can give maximum two project topic according to your preference. Upload different testimonials like photograph, marksheet up to last semester and a duly filled recommendation form signed and stamped by your Head of the Department.
Selection will be based on merit (CGPA), understanding of the topic (from the write up) and fulfilling of technical pre-requisites. Higher semester student may be given priority. List of selected fellows and their supervisors will be announced on this website (http://eapplication.nitrkl.ac.in/internship) by Mar 27, 2017. You can see your status under your log in. If you are selected, you have to confirm your participation by intimating us online within a time frame, otherwise next person in the waiting list will be selected and your candidature will be cancelled permanetly. And this cycle may continue for 2-3 times. So, applicants will have to check the website in regular intervals for SIP-2017 updates.The joining procedure will also be posted online on the website; no phone calls will be entertained.
Shortlisted candidates who have confirmed their participation are advised to bring hard copies of their qualification certificates, recommendation form along with the application form at the time of reporting.
Dr. A. Basu
Chairman, Summer Internship Programme 2017
Department of Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
National Institute of Technology Rourkela
Pin – 769008
Biotech Internships | 50 Summer Fellowships @ NIT RourkelaApply Online View Original Notification