Biotech Internships | Winter / Summer Project Training @ IGIB, New Delhi: IGIB provides training to students with a good academic record as well as interest and aptitude to work at IGIB for partial fulfillment of their degree programme i.e M.Sc./B.Tech/M.Tech and other professional courses.
- Two-months training for the students preferably with training fellowships from national academies such as JNCASR, INSA, IASc etc. This programme is available only during the summer months (May-June or June-July). The applications for summer training will be entertained between 1st February and 28th February.
- IGIB accepts a limited number of trainees for 1 year or 6 months project training. The applications for 6 months training will be entertained between
Biotech Internships | Winter / Summer Project Training @ IGIB, New Delhi
For 1st Jan to 30th June – Between 1st October to 31st October (of the previous year)
For 1st July-to 31st December – Between 1st April and 30th April (previous)
- For duration up to 2 months Rs 10000 for general and Rs 5000 for SC/ST candidates.
- For duration >2 months up to 6 months: Rs 20000 for general and Rs 10000 for SC/ST candidates
- For duration >6 months up to 1 year: Rs 30000 for general and Rs 15000 for SC/ST candidates
- The fee has to be paid upfront as Demand Draft made out to Director, IGIB payable at Delhi on the day of joining the Institute. IAS/ KVPY/AcSIR fellows will be exempt from the above-mentioned fees.
How to Apply
Students interested in training towards partial fulfillment of their degree program may apply directly to the scientists of their choice by sending
- C.V by e-mail only.
- Scanned copy of H.O.D’s letter stating that their coursework demands to undergo training.
Please mention the
- Period of training: Two months / Six months / One year as the case may be.
- Date of start of training (May-June or June –July; 1st January or 1st July)
Depending upon your request, scientists will respond to you. An acceptance e-mail will then follow regarding the formalities to be completed. Selection of trainee depends upon the suitability of the candidate and requirement/lab space in the institute. As of now, IGIB neither charges a fee for the training nor offers any stipend or fellowship for the same. Students have to make their own arrangement for travel and accommodation.
More specific queries? – Please send an e-mail to girija(at)igib.res.in
View Original Notification: https://www.igib.res.in/?q=node/134