Biotechnology Jobs USA | Chemist II position @ Bio-Rad: Since Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago, we have continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results. Throughout our existence, we have built long-lasting customer relationships that help advance our research and development efforts in the introduction of new products and solutions. Today, Bio-Rad is a global leader, with a team of over 7,800 employees and a global network of operations that serves our life science research and clinical diagnostics customers, helping people live longer, healthier lives.
Biotechnology Jobs USA | Chemist II position @ Bio-Rad
Performs product manufacturing and related activities, cell culture, protein purifications and bacterial fermentation. Performs R&D transfers related to new product development. Performs material planning for production builds. Participates in training and continuing education activities related to the job. May be responsible for specific manufacturing and R&D laboratory instrument maintenance and/or repair. May serve as an assigned trainer for various Manufacturing & R&D SOP’s, and instruments. Assists in the creation and/or revision of procedures and related SOP’s for manufacturing and R&D.
- Requires the ability to quickly learn and perform protein purification, bacterial fermentation and cell culture production.
- The ability to read and interpret documents, prepare data, present conclusions and write routine reports and correspondence.
- Requires the ability to self-motivate, organize, execute, present and interpret scientific experiments in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain cooperative internal and external relationships.
- Requires basic math skills which pertain to volumes, percentages, area, basic algebra, geometry and statistics.
- Requires the ability to make buffers and media. Requires the ability to do material planning for production builds.
- Requires the ability to coordinate equipment maintenance and repair.
- Individual should have working knowledge of Internet Software, Inventory Software, Spreadsheet Software and Word Processing Software, SAP, gmail etc.
Required Education: Bachelors degree in a related life science field Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Biotechnology
Experience: 2-5 years of full time experience in a technically related position. General laboratory experience needed. Experience working for an ISO or cGMP certified company.
Job Location: Portland, Maine, United States
Department: QSD PRT Manufacturing (10224)
Division:QSD-Quality Systems Division
Tracking Code :Q16-035
Biotechnology Jobs USA | Chemist II position @ Bio-RadApply Now
View Original Notification: https://biorad-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.dspjob&jobid=8088