Biotechnology Jobs in USA | Research assistant Position @ Nationwide Children’s: Nationwide Children’s is America’s largest pediatric hospital, an international leader in research and is ranked in all 10 specialties on U.S.News & World Report’s 2015-16 “America’s Best Children’s Hospitals” list. According to the Children’s Hospital Association, Nationwide Children’s is the #1 provider of pediatric surgery in the country.
As home to the Department of Pediatrics of The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Nationwide Children’s physicians train the next generation of pediatricians and pediatric specialists. The Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital is one of the Top 10 National Institutes of Health-funded freestanding pediatric research facilities. Nationwide Children’s remains true to the original mission since its founding in 1892 of providing care regardless of a family’s ability to pay. More information is available at http://NationwideChildrens.org.
Biotechnology Jobs in USA | Research assistant Position @ Nationwide Children’s
- Performs research experiments independently or semi-independently in accordance with protocols approved by the principal investigator. Such experiments may involve the use of laboratory animals or human subjects any may require evening and/or weekend duties.
- Prepares and tests substrate, conducts assays, and prepares tissue cultures for use in research studies, as applicable.
- Collects blood, urine, and other samples as needed. Such activities may be performed independently and may require evening and weekend hours.
- Ensures accuracy of laboratory analytical procedures as required by specific research projects.
- Collects and controls experimental data and patient information; and maintains accurate daily logs of experiments including methods, results, and conclusions.
- Interprets the results of data analyses with input from the principal investigator.
- Assists the principal investigator in the preparation of scientific publications and grant proposals.
- Make recommendations about refinement and/or replacement of laboratory analytical procedures. Implements such refinements or new procedures with input from the principal investigator.
- Orders supplies needed to conduct research. Furthermore, maintaining inventory of equipment and supplies and assures that research equipment is in good working order.
- Collaborates in the preparation of research budgets, and monitors expenditure of funds to assure that studies are conducted within budgetary constraints.
- Instructs other laboratory workers and students in standard methods, practices, procedures, and equipment operations.
- Maintains a clean working area and performs general laboratory maintenance. Adheres to proper safety techniques and procedures.
- Associates degree in Veterinary Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology, Biotechnology or a relevant field of science from an accredited college.
- Six months to two years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Coursework in anatomy, physiology, statistics, relevant research methods and radiation desirable
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Employment type: Full-time
Biotechnology Jobs in USA | Research assistant Position @ Nationwide Children’sApply Now
View Original Notification- https://careers.nationwidechildrens.org/ltm/CandidateSelfService/lm?_ln=JobSearchResults&_r=0&bto=JobPosting&dataarea=ltm&name=PostingDisplay&service=form&webappname=CandidateSelfService&HROrganization=10&JobRequisition=11435&JobPosting=1&context.session.key.HROrganization=10