Chemistry Job USA | Associate Quality Scientist Position @ MSD: Founded in 1995, Meso Scale Discovery (MSD) is a global leader in the development, manufacture, and commercialization of innovative assays and instruments for the measurement of molecules in biological samples. MSD’s proprietary MULTI‑ARRAY technology enhances medical research and drug development by enabling researchers to profile many biomarkers simultaneously in a single sample without compromising assay performance.
MSD’s technology is widely adopted by researchers in pharmaceutical companies, government institutions, universities, and clinical laboratories worldwide for its high sensitivity, excellent reproducibility, and wide dynamic range. Throughout its history, MSD has continued to evolve its technology platform to enable researchers to solve complex biological questions and, as the Company looks toward the future, it is expanding into clinical applications and the emerging fields of personalized medicine and companion diagnostics.
Chemistry Job USA | Associate Quality Scientist Position @ MSD
The Associate Quality Scientist II (Technical Specialist II) will be responsible for coordinating the technical transfer of assays from R&D to Quality Control, developing and implementing efficient processes to release and disposition products. This position is responsible for independently assessing issues with sustaining released products, communicating and developing strategies for implementing solutions to project teams, and collaborating with management on the best practices.
The Quality Technical Specialist II is expected to be able to supervise and lead the work of others, to include establishing the scope of work assignments, schedules and adjusting to timelines. The Technical Specialist II is expected to be able to independently manage multiple projects, and master the process of releasing product, including testing, evaluation, and revising documentation and analysis templates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze data and present that data clearly
- Ensure documentation is in compliance with ISO standards
- May be responsible for training and development of laboratory personnel
- Specific duties may vary depending upon departmental requirements
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, protein sciences, cellular/molecular biology, chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, or other related area
- Additional experience may be substituted for degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in reagent, product or assay development in an industrial setting
- Training and experience with Biosafety Level 2 (BSL-2) techniques
- Experience with quality document systems in an ISO/GMP regulated environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong scientific fundamentals and analytical background
- Experience with protein based immunoassays, running antibody-based assays
- Experience with Western Blot, immunoblot or microarray techniques
- Understanding of basic molecular biology techniques
Requisition Number: 16-0034
Title :Associate Quality Scientist II
City : Rockville
Chemistry Job USA| Associate Quality Scientist Position @ MSD
View Original Notification: https://rew12.ultipro.com/MES1002/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*87AF1899555FE1BC