Chemistry Job | Chemist Position @ Mérieux NutriSciences, Crete, Illinois, USA: With 50 years of experience in food safety and quality, through Silliker, a company created in 1967 and acquired in 1997, Mérieux NutriSciences has won the confidence of the food industry and extended its expertise to several industrial sectors: Water and Environment, Pharma and Medical Devices, Personal Care and Cosmetics, AgroChemicals and Consumer Goods.
Headquartered in Chicago, IL, the company has grown rapidly over the last years and is now present in 21 countries with over 80 laboratories. Mérieux NutriSciences is increasing its presence in emerging countries, in particular in China, Brazil, Turkey, South Africa and India, with the purpose of answering these countries’ growing demands.
Today, Mérieux NutriSciences works with clients as a trusted partner to promote public health through analysis, consulting, auditing, training, contract research and sensory analysis services.An integral part of Institut Mérieux, Mérieux NutriSciences contributes to advancing science and addressing the concerns of manufacturers through a uniform approach of quality.
Chemistry Job | Chemist Position @ Mérieux NutriSciences, Crete, Illinois, USA
- Maintain chemistry quality control records and procedures for each test.
- Extract desired component from sample with appropriate processes such as distillation, solvent extraction and acid digestion.
- Calculate the percentage of element present in the food sample and post results.
- Utilize various instruments such as HPLC, GC, and AA to determine concentration of desired balances in the food sample.
- Prepare materials and sample for analysis by drying glassware to rid container of moisture, cooling in desiccator if necessary, and defat or dry certain sample in the appropriate oven before processing.
- Maintain laboratory instruments in working order and make any minor repairs .
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- This position has the responsibilities and authority to identify departures from the quality system or test procedures and document such observation accordance with the prescribed complaint system.
- Assist other departmental personnel as needed.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
Educational Qualifications :
- a general knowledge of chemistry to perform analyses.
Preferred Qualifications :
- knowledge of instrumentation and theory including HPLC and GC.
- knowledge of food science to analyze the chemical content of sample.
- knowledge of the Laboratory Information Management System to process client data.
- knowledge of laboratory safety procedures and policies to ensure a safe working environment.
- knowledge of mathematics and statistical analysis to perform calculations.
- Time management skills to maximize the progress of the analysis process and perform multiple tasks at the same time.
Chemistry Job | Chemist Position @ Mérieux NutriSciences, Crete, Illinois, USAApply Now
View Original Notification: http://www.merieuxnutrisciences.com/careers/careers-with-silliker?jvi=o5uj3fwF,Job