Clinical Research Fellow Medicine Jobs @ Cardiff Uni | UK: Cardiff University is recognised in independent government assessments as one of Britain’s leading teaching and research universities.Founded by Royal Charter in 1883, the University today combines impressive modern facilities and a dynamic approach to teaching and research with its proud heritage of service and achievement.In 2005, the title ‘Cardiff University’ and a new Supplemental Charter was formally granted to the University by the Privy Council on behalf of Her Majesty the Queen, meaning that Cardiff became a university in its own right, fully independent of the University of Wales. Cardiff University admits students to courses leading to Cardiff University degrees.
Clinical Research Fellow Medicine Jobs @ Cardiff Uni | UK
Post Reference Number: 2331BR
Job Title: Clinical Research Fellow (3 Available)
Job Category: Academic – Research
Career Pathway: Clinical Researcher
School / Directorate: MEDIC – School of Medicine
Advert: Clinical Research Fellow
Institute of Psychological Medicine and Clinical Neurosciences
Cardiff School of Medicine
These are career development opportunities for clinical trainees to gain experience in writing and submitting research fellowship applications with the support of a senior academic mentor. You will be at any stage of undertaking your Specialty training and must have a strong and demonstrable interest in clinical academic research.
These fellowships would suit trainees who would like a period in research, as well as those pursuing an academic career and are available for periods between 3 – 12 months.
These are full time positions of 40 hours per week and are fixed term for 3 to 12 months.
Salary: £31,301 – £54,199 per annum (D1)
Date advert posted: Thursday, 28 July 2016
Closing date: Monday, 31 October 2016
Please be aware that Cardiff University reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received
Cardiff University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity. Our inclusive environment welcomes applications from talented people from diverse backgrounds.
- To write and submit fellowship applications working with a senior academic from the MRC Centre for Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics to gain experience in research design, data collection, analysis and writing for publication.
- To generate pilot data to form basis of longer term research project. The topic of the study will be appropriate to your interests and decided in discussion with your mentor.
- To write and submit papers as appropriate.
- To collect, collate and analyse complex clinical and non-clinical data in area of research interest which will include entering data onto spreadsheets and databases and checking for data quality and integrity.
- To perform data analysis and contribute intellectually to the research through the critical interpretation of data.
- To work collaboratively with other staff within and external to the research team.
- To work flexibly as part of a team to achieve the study objectives, adapting to new procedures, taking on new tasks consistent with the role, and facilitating the development of the chosen study.
- To manage projects relating to own area of work and the organisation of external activities if applicable.
- To undertake personal and professional development that is appropriate to and will enhance the performance in the role of Clinical Research Fellow.
- To ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements in respect of equality and diversity, data protection, copyright and licensing, security, financial and other University policies, procedures and codes as appropriate.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, EC directives and the
- University’s Safety, Health and Environment Policies and procedures and to cooperate with the University on any legal duties placed on it as the employer.
- You may be asked to perform other duties occasionally which are not included above, but which will be consistent with the role.
- Must be currently undertaking Specialty training or foundation training (can be at any stage) with a proven interest in clinical academic research and a desire to follow a clinical academic career.
- Demonstrable research and analysis skills in particular the ability to make use of clinical neuropsychiatric research techniques and apply them in an academic environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability to convey information which may require careful explanation or interpretation in a clear, accurate and sensitive manner.
- Excellent organisational skills with proven ability to prioritise and meet deadlines within the framework of an agreed programme
- The ability to analyse and interpret the results of own research and generate original ideas based on outcomes.
- The capacity for innovative and original thinking, with the motivation to deliver rigorous and high-quality academic work.
- A degree in Medicine.
- Registered with the General Medical Council.
- Experience of designing, conducting and presenting/ publishing research.
- Knowledge of research design and conduct.
- Additional Information IMPORTANT: Evidencing Criteria
It is School of Medicine’s policy to use the person specification as a key tool for short-listing. Candidates should evidence that they meet ALL of the essential criteria as well as, where relevant, the desirable. As part of the application process you will be asked to provide this evidence via a supporting statement.
Please ensure when submitting this document / attaching it to your application profile you name it with the vacancy reference number, in this instance for this post, 2331BR.
If candidates do not provide written evidence of meeting all of the essential criteria then their application will not be progressed. The School of Medicine welcome the submission of CVs to accompany evidence of the job-based criteria.
Salary Range Min. 31,301
Salary Range Max. 54,199
Clinical Research Fellow Medicine Jobs @ Cardiff Uni | UK
Apply now: https://krb-sjobs.brassring.com/2057/asp/tg/GQLogin.asp?SID=^oK/GjNuAzlQLLBCUE5eHtE9l/dUS0O3c60Shs37X2YwW7CNRyfr3uvPbcv_slp_rhc_L10ae&fjd=true&referer=search&gqid=1323&jobinfo=__726499|140|1323__&applycount=1&type=search_jobdetail
View Original Notification: https://krb-sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?SID=%5eoK%2fGjNuAzlQLLBCUE5eHtE9l%2fdUS0O3c60Shs37X2YwW7CNRyfr3uvPbcv_slp_rhc_L10ae&jobId=726499&type=search&JobReqLang=140&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5460&JobSiteInfo=726499_5460&GQId=1323