Computational Immunology Jobs | Postdoctoral Position @ DKFZ: The German Cancer Research Center (known as the Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum or simply DKFZ in German), is a national cancer research center based in Heidelberg, Germany. It is a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres, the largest scientific organization in Germany.
The establishment of a national cancer research center in Germany was initiated by Heidelberg surgeon Professor Karl Heinrich Bauer. The DKFZ was set up in 1964 by resolution of the State government of Baden-Wuerttemberg as a foundation under public law. In 1975, the Center became a member of the Association of National Research Centers.
The AGF was transformed into the Hermann von Helmholtz Association of National Research Centers in 1995. The Center has also been a member of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) since 1977.
Computational Immunology Jobs | Postdoctoral Position @ DKFZ
Department: Applied Tumor-Immunity
Designation: Postdoctoral Position in Translational Bioinformatics/ Computational Immunology
The German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) and National Center for Tumor Diseases (NCT) in Heidelberg is seeking a talented and highly motivated postdoctoral fellow specializing in bioinformatics and immunology to join the research group of Prof. Dr. Dirk Jäger.
The focus of our lab is the immunological characterization of cancer patients and translating the findings into effective immunotherapeutic treatment strategies. The successful candidate will work in an interdisciplinary team of biologists, clinicians and computer scientists and will participate in research projects by analyzing various types of large-scale data.
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology or similar, alternatively a PhD in molecular biology, immunology, or similar, combined with a very strong record of computational large-scale data analysis
- Basic understanding of the relevant concepts in cancer biology and immunology
- Experience in the use of a programming language such as R, Python or Perl for complex data analysis
- Experience with data generated in high-throughput molecular assays such as next-generation sequencing
- Interest in expanding knowledge and developing new approaches, i.e. systems medicine/biology approaches
- Strong interdisciplinary communication skills
- Basic command of the German language is mandatory
- Interesting, varied position
- International environment
- Compensation to TV-L
- Opportunities for part-time work
- Flexible working hours
- Good education and training
Starts: as soon as possible
Expiration: The position is initially limited to 2 years. The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: July 1, 2016
Further information: Kirsten Bikowski
phone 06221 56-38407
Computational Immunology Jobs | Postdoctoral Position @ DKFZApply Now
View original notification: http://www.dkfz.de/en/stellenangebote/index.php?id=141/2016