DBT Junior Research Fellowship | DBT JRF | Biotechnology Eligibility Test | BET 2018:
Applications are invited from bonafide Indian citizens residing in India for the award of “DBT Junior Research Fellowship (DBT JRF)” for pursuing research in frontier areas of Biotechnology.
The programme is being coordinated by Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL), New Delhi.
The candidates will be selected through “Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET)”.
Based on performance in BET, two categories of merit list will be prepared (Category I and Category II).
The government of India norms for reservation will be followed for selection. Candidates selected under category I (Top 275) will be eligible to avail fellowship under the programme.
These will be tenable in any University/Institute in India where the selected candidates register for the Ph.D. programme.
Candidates selected under Category II (next 100 in merit list) will be eligible to be appointed in any DST sponsored project and avail fellowship from the project equivalent to NET/GATE, subject to selection through the Institutional selection process.
There will be no binding on Principal Investigators of DBT sponsored projects to select JRF/SRF for their project from category II list.
Selection in category II will not entitle a student for any fellowship from DBT JRF programme.
DBT Junior Research Fellowship | DBT JRF | Biotechnology Eligibility Test | BET 2018
What is the eligibility criteria for DBT JRF | Biotechnology Eligibility Test?
Qualification for BET 2018:
- M.Sc./M.Tech./M.V.Sc. with Biotechnology, M.Sc. Neuroscience, M.Sc Molecular & Human Genetics, M.Sc Bioinformatics, M.Tech Bioprocess Technology, B.Tech / B.E. in Biotechnology/Bioinformatics (4-year course after 10+2).
- Candidates appearing in the final year examination of their qualifying degree are also eligible to apply.
Marks requirement for DBT JRF:
- Minimum 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) for General & OBC candidates and 55% for SC/ST/Differently Abled candidates.
Age Limit for DBT JRF:
- Up to 28 years as on the last date of application (5th February 2018) for general category.
- Age relaxation of up to 5 years (up to 33 years) for SC/ST/Differently abled/women candidates and 3 years (31 years) for OBC (Non-creamy layer) candidates.
Details of the award | DBT JRF
- DBT BET (category I) entitles a candidate for activation of fellowship subject to Ph.D. registration of the candidate in a recognized university or Institute in the country within 2 years from the date of issue of award letter.
- Registration for Ph.D. is candidate’s responsibility and BCIL or DBT have no role/responsibility in this.
- Verification of documents will be carried out for shortlisted candidates only.
- Award letter would be Issued subject to verification of necessary documents.
Mode of selection | How candidates will be selected for Biotechnology Eligibility Test
- The candidates will be selected based on computer-based ’Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET)’.
- A candidate may opt for any three centers of their choice to appear for the test from the options given in the application form.
- Efforts would be made to allot one of the three opted cities/centers.
- In certain cases, the candidate may be allotted to a different city/center due to administrative reasons.
- TA/DA is not admissible to candidates for undertaking the test.
Mode of application:
- For detailed procedure, registration and uploading of documents /certificates, please visit http://www.bcil.nic.in/. A non refundable and non-transferable application fee of Rs 1000/- is payable online by General / OBC candidates.
- SC/ST/Differently abled candidates are exempted from payment of the application fee.
|Opening Date for On-Line Registration of Application||02-Jan-2018|
|Last date for Completion of On-Line Registration||05-Feb-2018|
|Publication of the List of Candidates to appear for BET-2018||19-Feb-2018|
|Admit Card Download||27-Feb-2018|
|Date of BET-2018||18-Mar-2018|
- E-Mail ID: [email protected]
- Toll-Free No: 18002663097
Note: Assistance on the Toll-Free number is available from Monday to Saturday between 09:00 AM to 06:00 PM.
How to Apply | DBT JRF | BET 2018:
You can register for BET-2018 on the official website of BCIL; from 02nd January 2018 to 05th February 2018.
Steps for Registration for BET 2018 are as follows:
- Register to create a Profile
- Login with system generated User ID and Password
- Submit Application, process payment (if applicable).
Upon creating a profile, you will receive a User ID and Password on your registered email ID and mobile number. Using these credentials you can log in as Registered Applicant to fill the Application form. The application may be saved at any stage and can be re-visited to complete later. Once the form is submitted, you will not be allowed to edit any details in the Application form.
Step 1: Registration to get User ID and Password
- Go to: https://www.bcil.nic.in
- Then click on ‘BET 2018- Apply Online’
- Then click on `New Registration’, you will be directed to the registration form.
Step 2: Fill Application Form
Registered Users Click on `Applicant login’ for Application form with User ID and password received on your email and mobile number.
Please read the important instructions carefully and click on ‘Continue’ button.
The Application Form is categorized into the following four sections:
1. Personal Details
2. Qualification Details
3. Document Upload
Once this section is completed, click on Save and Continue to proceed to next section.