Early Stage and Postdoc Researchers Job @ UEF Finland:
The University of Eastern Finland, UEF, is one of the largest multidisciplinary universities in Finland. We offer education in nearly one hundred major subjects, and are home to approximately 15,000 students and 2,800 members of staff. We operate on three campuses in Joensuu, Kuopio and Savonlinna. In international rankings, we are ranked among the leading 300 universities in the world.
Early Stage and Postdoc Researchers Job @ UEF Finland
Early Stage Researchers and Postdoctoral Researchers (Atmospheric Organic Aerosol)
The Faculty of Science and Forestry operates on the Kuopio and Joensuu campuses of the University of Eastern Finland. The mission of the faculty is to carry out internationally recognised scientific research and to offer research-education in the fields of natural sciences and forest sciences. The faculty invests in all of the strategic research areas of the university. The faculty’s environments for research and learning are international, modern and multidisciplinary. The faculty has approximately 3,800 Bachelor’s and Master’s degree students and some 490 postgraduate students. The number of staff amounts to 560. http://www.uef.fi/en/lumet/etusivu
The Aerosol Physics Group at the University of Eastern Finland in Kuopio, Finland, is looking for PhD students and Postdoctoral Researchers to work with topics related to atmospheric organic aerosols
We are currently searching for a highly motivated PhD students and/or post-docs to work with topics related to organic aerosols and atmospheric processes. PhD student (Early Stage Researcher) and Postdoctoral Researcher positions for both experimental researchers as well as for mathematical modelers in the field of aerosol science are available. The experimental work includes laboratory work with atmospheric reaction chambers and flow tubes and also field work. The modelling work includes development of aerosol process level models for gas and particle phase processes related to secondary organic aerosol. The projects are embedded in the Aerosol Physics Group at the University of Eastern Finland in Kuopio, Finland http://www.uef.fi/en/sovfys/aerosolphysics).
Early Stage Researcher:
- We have both experimental and process modelling opportunities for a motivated person, having an MSc degree (or equivalent) in physics, chemistry, or in environmental sciences with emphasis on organic chemistry.
- Persons graduating in the near future are also encouraged to apply. However, they are expected to hold a relevant MSc degree (or equivalent) by the starting date of the Early Stage Researcher position.
- The experimental work includes work with mass spectrometers (Aerosol Mass Spectrometer AMS and Chemical Ionization Mass Spectrometer CIMS).
- The modelling work includes development of aerosol process models, and the successful applicant is expected to have experience in programming.
- We are looking for a post doc with solid expertise in experimental or modelling studies related to our group’s research area.
- On experimental side we are looking for a postdoc having a background in organic aerosol chemistry to participate in planning and conducting experimental research including topics related to the formation of organic aerosols and interactions with biogenic and anthropogenic emissions.
- The successful candidate should have some experience either with a) reaction chamber and flow tubes or with b) mass spectrometer based methods or b) with gas phase organic chemistry.
- The work is primarily experimental, but includes strong interactions with process modelling activities.
- On modelling side, we are looking for a postdoc to participate in process level modelling related to secondary organic aerosols.
- The successful candidate should have background in atmospheric aerosol physics and/or organic aerosol chemistry and strong programming skills.
- Researchers finishing their PhD in the near future are also encouraged to apply.
- However, they are expected to hold a relevant PhD degree (or equivalent) by the starting date of the Postdoctoral Researcher position.
The salary of the positions is determined in accordance with the salary system of Finnish universities. For Early Stage Researcher the salary is based on levels 2-4 of the job requirement level chart for teaching and research staff (€1,985.85 – 2,475.31/ month) and for Postdoctoral Researcher on level 5 (€2,865.30/ month). In addition to the job requirement component, the salary includes a personal performance component, which may be a maximum of 46.3% of the job requirement component.
The person to be appointed to the Postdoctoral Researcher position is required to hold a doctoral degree, which may not have been completed more than five years ago at the time of accepting the position. In this context, the 5 years refer to a net period of time, which does not include maternity leaves, parental leaves, or military service, etc.
For further information on the positions, please contact: Professor Annele Virtanen, tel: +358 50 316 4118, e-mail: email@example.com (experimental work) or Assistant Professor Taina Yli-Juuti, tel: +358 46 921 4429, taina.yli-juuti(@uef.fi, (modelling work) For further information on the application procedure, please contact: Executive Head of Administration Arja Hirvonen, tel. +358 44 716 3422, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will be filled for a fixed term from January 1, 2017 or as agreed. The duration of the PhD positions can be up to four years and Post-Doc positions will be filled for 2 years. Positions of early stage researchers and postdoctoral researchers will always be filled for a fixed term (UEF Administrative Regulations, Section 30).
A probationary period is applied to all new members of the staff.
The electronic application should contain the following appendices:
– a résumé or CV
– a list of publications (if applicable)
– copies of the applicant’s academic degree certificates/ diplomas, and copies of certificates / diplomas relating to the applicant’s language proficiency, if not indicated in the academic degree certificates/diplomas
The application needs to be submitted no later than October 9, 2016 (by 24.00 hours Finnish time) by using the electronic application form.
To Apply: https://www.saimanet.com/certiahome/application_edit_welcome.html?jc=16&place_id=98&job_name=Early+Stage+Researchers+and+Postdoctoral+Researchers+%28Atmospheric+Organic+Aerosol%29&did=5600&lang=en&field_id=0&job_id=2672
Early Stage and Postdoc Researchers Job @ UEF Finland
View Original Notification: http://www.uef.fi/en/uef/en-open-positions