- This event has passed.
Drug Discovery 2017
March 26, 2017 - March 28, 2017
Drug Discovery 2017 – SMi proudly presents its exclusive conference on Drug Discovery, taking place on 27th & 28th March 2017.
Registration is now live at www.drug-discovery.co.uk/biochemadda.
In recent years, the Pharma/Biotech industry has undergone radical changes which have increased are understanding of drug discovery and development, however there are still many hurdles that the industry face.
Drug Discovery 2017
The gap between a laboratory discovery and an approved drug on the market is a decade-long process of laboratory testing, evaluation in animal models and human clinical trials that can cost hundreds of millions. The conference aims to bridge the gaps in approval for drug discovery and development by discussing the latest scientific breakthroughs, exploring novel technologies and approaches that can be used to overcome drug development challenges.
The conference will bring together industry leaders who will highlight future opportunities for novel therapeutic discovery. Some of our featured speakers include
- Lorenz Mayr, VP & Global Head, AstraZeneca
- Guido Hanaeur, Scientific Director Translational Medicine, Takeda
- Ulrich Schopfer, Executive Director, Head Integrated Lead Discovery, Novartis
- Yolanda Chong, Principal Scientist, Johnson & Johnson
- Matthias Frech, Director, Molecular Interactions & Biophysics, Merck Serono
- Wengard Czechtizky, Head of Chemistry, Sanofi
- Ulrich Schopfer, Executive Director, head Integrated Lead Discovery, Novartis
- Stephen Pickett, Senior Scientific Investigator, GSK
Plus more from AbbVie, UCB Pharma, Eli Lilly, TissUse, Heptares and more.
The conference will also host two exclusive post-conference workshops:
- New Approaches in lead generation: towards drugs for every targets?
Hosted by: Sanofi and AstraZeneca
- Applications of physicochemical and biomimetic properties of molecules in early drug discovery
Hosted by: Bio-Mimetic Chromatography Consultancy
For more information and to register, kindly visit http://www.drug-discovery.co.uk/biochemadda.
Early Bird rates:
Book by 30 November to save £400
Book by 16 December to save £200
Book by 31 January to save £100