Govt Job | PhD – BioScience | Biotechnology @ Hindustan Petroleum: Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) is a leading oil & gas conglomerate featuring in the Forbes 2000 and Fortune 500. We are a Government of India enterprise with Navratna Status, ranked 48 in the list of Platts, Top 384 Global Energy Companies in the year 2017. In the past financial year HPCL scaled new heights and recorded its best ever performance, significantly surpassing the highest ever profit and sales recorded during the previous year. HPCL has recorded profit of Rs 6357 Crore on standalone basis with Gross sales of Rs. 243227 Crores.
Govt Job | PhD – BioScience | Biotechnology @ Hindustan Petroleum
We’re looking to Employ Aspiring and Dynamic candidates with PhD in Microbiology / Molecular Biology / BioTechnology / Genetic Engineering / Membrane Separation as FIXED TERM RESEARCH ASSOCIATES on Fixed Term Foundation at HP Green R&D Centre, Bengaluru. Interested candidates are advised to apply online in the prescribed format. Conditions of reference and other information about the participation of Research Associates on fixed term basis are enumerated
Job Name: Research Associate
Area: PhD – BioScience/Biotechnology
To prepare Project proposal containing work plan about the Particular research subject delegated to the candidate
- To carry out research tasks on the specific subject including literature research, set up experimental facilities, if needed, carry out experimental/ pilot/ simulation studies.
- Interpret results and undertake studies for Additional development/ advancement.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Carryout any other tasks which are delegated from time to time.
Essential Qualifications | Govt Job | PhD – BioScience | Biotechnology @ Hindustan Petroleum:
PhD in Bio-Sciences /Biotechnology. Candidates with research expertise in microbial bioprocesses with some experience of working on yeast or bacterial molecular biology are going to be favoured. Additionally, applicants with research expertise in working on biofuels like 2G Ethanol and Algal Biofuels are desired.
- In the time of application, the candidate must have evidence of award of Degree. In case of applicants with PhD degree, applicants must have been awarded PhD degree in the time of application OR candidate should possess the Proof of submission of PhD thesis.
- Nominees (belonging to General and OBC-NC category) must have secured minimum 60% marks (taking aggregate marks of semesters/years i.e., requiring average of All of the semesters/years, no matter weightage given to some Specific subject (like languages)/semester/year of their Institute/University) in most graduate and postgraduate degree assessments, relaxed to 50 percent (taking aggregate marks of semesters/years i.e., taking average of All of the semesters/years, no matter weightage given to some Specific topic (like languages)/semester/year of their Institute/University) to get SC/ST/PWD
- Nominees with Integrated Courses also can apply
- Candidates must have passed the applicable qualifying degree examinations / awarded degree in PhD from the aforementioned disciplines. All of Degree/Diploma credentials must be full-time regular course/s from AICTE approved / UGC recognized University/Deemed University
- The courses provided by Autonomous Institutions must be equal to the applicable courses approved/recognized by Association of Indian Universities(AIU)/UGC/AICTE. Nominees with Integrated Degrees must have completed a Full-Time Course.
- Wherever CGPA/DGPA or letter grade in a Degree is awarded, an equal percentage of marks must be indicated in the application according to criteria adopted by University/ Institution. Higher Qualifications, if any to be mentioned. Candidate should produce their degree conversion certification issued by the competent authority of the University/ Institute in support of their conversion in the time of interview.
- In the event of PhD candidates, the experience will be counted from the date of a successful defense of PhD Dissertation/Thesis. It’s compulsory for applicants owning PhD eligibility to mention that the date of the successful defense of PhD within their own application.
- In case of applicants with PhD following B Tech experience will probably be reckoned after PhD.
- Research Work completed through course of obtaining PhD Won’t be Regarded as work experience.
- Soft copy of this comprehensive CV including a short description of PhD subject to be uploaded together with the Application Form.
Govt Job | PhD – BioScience | Biotechnology @ Hindustan Petroleum
Age Limit: 32 Years or under as on 30 July 2018. Age comfort for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) SC / ST /PWD candidates will be applicable according to the Government Directives.
The upper age limit is relaxable by
- 5 years for SC/ST applicants
- 3 years comfort for OBC (Non-creamy layer)
- 10 years comfort to PWD (Persons with handicap ) candidate. (Provided the percent of handicap PH candidate is 40 percent or more)
Reservation of posts- According to presidential directives to get SC/ST/OBC- NC/PWD will apply
Stipend | Govt Job | PhD – BioScience | Biotechnology @ Hindustan Petroleum:
A comprehensive stipend of Rs. 65,000/- to Rs. 85,000/- a month depending on experience & qualification, is payable. Including HRA, Accident Insurance, Medical Insurance, etc. The organization doesn’t supply any transportation centre for commuting to the office. But, there’s a sharing bus centre that needs to be availed from the Research Associates on pay and use basis. Lunch and breakfast facilities are provided in the workplace premises for which a nominal monthly lump sum amount will be deducted. The premium towards Insurances will be deducted from your stipend. Included in the discharge of the duties they could be asked to travel to other places. Work-related travel costs will be individually reimbursed according to the entitlements.
How to Apply:
- Login to www.hindustanpetroleum.com and click on Career Opportunities. Go to Engagement of Fixed Term Research Associates in HP Green R&D CentreBengaluru below ‘Currently open Job advertising’. Read all of the directions given on the site carefully. Candidates must maintain scanned copy of Passport size photograph (in jpg/gif format less than 500 kb) and a Soft copy of their detailed CV (including a short description of a PhD topic in case of PhD applicants ) prepared before completing an online application form.
- Fill in the online application form with all the relevant details carefully (details once submitted cannot be altered ). Upload Scan copy of your most recent passport size photo and in-depth CV.
- Upon completion, submit an online application by clicking on the Submit button in the bottom of the page you’ll find a system generated unique 12 Digit Application / Reference No. Please be aware that this Application / Reference No. Is essential and will be required for all future references during the selection procedure.
- Candidates are advised to take a Printout of the Online Application Form, affix his/her current passport size photo, place his/her signature in the area provided and keep together with her or him safely for future reference. Nominees aren’t required to submit the hard copy of the application form to HPCL.
- Candidates with several applications for the same discipline are liable to be rejected.
- The information filled in the online application form will be considered final and no adjustments will be entertained w.r.t. personal/ some other particulars, in the future.
Interested candidates should just apply online on the site www.hindustanpetroleum.com below Career Opportunities section. Any additional corrigendum/addendum will be uploaded just on our site www.hindustanpetroleum.com
Candidates can write to email: fixedtermrecruitment.r&[email protected] for any additional queries and data.
- Commencement of online application: 30 July 2018
- Last date of online application by candidates: 31 August 2018