Haryana Govt | Promotion of Science Education (POSE) Scholarship Scheme 2016-17: Applications are invited from students in the eligible category(ies)/course(s) of study for scholarship available for pursuing graduate/post-graduate courses in scientific subjects and areas as specified in the scheme.
Haryana Govt | Promotion of Science Education (POSE) Scholarship Scheme 2016-17
In order to encourage meritorious students towards science education and to support them for continuation of their science education up to higher level, this office provides scholarship to the 3-year B.Sc./4-year BS/5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. courses and 2-year M.Sc. course students opting for basic & natural science subjects viz (1) Physics, (2) Chemistry, (3) Mathematics, (4) Biology, (5) Statistics, (6) Geology (7) Astrophysics, (8) Astronomy, (9) Electronics, (10) Botany, (11) Zoology, (12) Biochemistry, (13) Anthropology, (14) Microbiology, (15) Geophysics, (16) Geochemistry, (17) Atmospheric Sciences & (18) Oceanic Sciences. The details of the scheme are as under:
ADMISSIBILITY OF SCHOLARSHIP (Haryana Govt | Promotion of Science Education (POSE) Scholarship Scheme 2016-17):
The scholarships are limited only to the students who have taken admission during the year 2016 in any of the following courses: –
A) i) 3-year B.Sc. program in Basis & Natural Science. ii) 4-year BS or 5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. program in Basic & Natural Sciences at IIT, IISc, IISER, NISER, DAE-CBS or in any college/university.
B) 2-year M.Sc. program in Basic & Natural Sciences.
- Under basic & natural science 18 subjects mentioned above will be considered.
- The Scheme in its current format does not include courses in engineering, medicine, technology and other professional or technical or applied science courses.
ELIGIBILITY (Haryana Govt | Promotion of Science Education (POSE) Scholarship Scheme 2016-17):
- For 3-year B.Sc./4-year BS/5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. in basic & natural science subjects, the students should have passed class X and XII Board examination from a school situated in Haryana with minimum 85% marks in 12th class (for rural area schools minimum 80% marks in 12th class).
- For 2-year M.Sc. in basic & natural science subjects, the student should have passed X, XII and B.Sc./B.A. (B.A. for M.Sc. Mathematics) from school/college/university situated in Haryana with minimum 75% marks in B.Sc./B.A. class.
NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIP:
- 3-year B.Sc./4-year BS/5-year Integrated M.Sc./M.S. courses – 150
- 2-year M.Sc. course – 50
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIPS (Haryana Govt | Promotion of Science Education (POSE) Scholarship Scheme 2016-17):
- Rs. 4,000/- P.M. for 3-year B.Sc. course.
- Rs. 6,000/- P.M. for 2-year M.Sc. course.
- If the students take admission in 4-year B.S. or 5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. then the amount of scholarship during 1st, 2nd & 3rd year will be Rs. 4,000/- P.M. and during 4th & 5th year Rs. 6,000/- P.M.
RESEARCH MENTORSHIP (Haryana Govt | Promotion of Science Education (POSE) Scholarship Scheme 2016-17):
The selected students will get mentorship grant (one time) of Rs. 12,000/- in 3-year B.Sc. program, Rs. 17,000/- in 4-year B.S. program, Rs. 22,000/- in 5-year integrated M.Sc. program and Rs. 10,000/- in 2-year M.Sc. program.
- Research projects mentorship: for scholars To avail the mentorship grant, the scholars are required to do project work under a Professor/Research Supervisor (Mentor) during vacation period, in any recognized Universities or Institutes or Research Laboratories/ Centres of their choice (preferably outside their parent institutions) either in India or abroad. For students doing a project in India, the expenses related to travel, accommodation and consumable expenses are reimbursed to the student within the mentorship grant. Please note that no food expenses are covered by this grant, as the students receive scholarship during this period. Students at 4th or 5th year of the Scholarship may be allowed to carry our research project in any Institute/ University/ Laboratory abroad by utilizing the Mentorship Grant. If the sponsoring institute pays any stipend or travel grant, only the difference between the support received from all sources put together and actual expenditure will be reimbursed from the Mentorship Grant.
- Reimbursement mechanism of mentorship grant: The Mentorship Grant shall be reimbursed directly to the Scholar to carry out research work/project. After completion of the project work at the Institute or University or Research Laboratory (either in India or abroad) under a Professor/Research Supervisor (Mentor), the candidate should submit the following documents to the HSCST for reimbursement of the Mentorship Grant. (a) A letter issued by the Professor/Research Supervisor and Head of Institution where the scholar is enrolled for the project. Duration of the project i.e. date of commencement and date of completion must be mentioned in the certificate. (b) A report outlining the objectives and results of his/her research work/project. (c) Brief details of the expenditure i.e. travel, accommodation, consumable etc. duly countersigned by the Head /Principal /Registrar/ Director of the College/University/Institute of the concerned institute.
MERIT LIST / SELECTION CRITERIA
A) For 3-year B.Sc. or 4-year BS or 5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. Courses :
- Merit list will be prepared based on average percentage score obtained in class 12 board examination in English/Hindi (first language) and best of three out of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- 12th Class (115 Marks) 1.0 Marks for each 1% (or fraction thereof) rounded to one decimal point
- Candidates admitted in national institutions like IIT, IISER, NISER, DAE-CBS, IISc would be given additional 10% weightage for scholarship.
- Candidates who studied class 11 & 12 in a rural school will be given additional 5% weightage.
- Additional weightage would be added to the average percentage score obtained by the candidate for determining inter se merit.
- The students claiming the benefit of rural area must submit the rural area school certificate from the Principal of the school.
- The students claiming the benefit of additional 10% weightage for admission in national institutions like IIT, IISER, NISER, DAE-CBS and IISc must submit the certificate of admission from Head /Principal /Registrar /Director of the College /University/Institute
B) For 2-year M.Sc.
The merit list will be prepared on the basis of average percentage marks of B.Sc./B.A. course in three years.
- B.Sc. (100 Marks) 1.0 Marks for each 1% (or fraction thereof) rounded to one decimal point
Procedure for applying online application for POSE scholarship :
- Click the link for filling the online application http://www.haryana.gov.in/EFormsOnlineModule/viewFormDetails.action?results=331
- Click on LOG-IN option and create User id and password for applying POSE scholarship.
- Read guidelines for application acceptance, eligibility & requirements for the E-form, and click on submit online option.
- Fill all the columns given there and upload all required documents in the form.
- Submit the e-form and you will get receipt number for further communication. After online submission of application the applicant must obtained a printout of the submitted application for his/her record. Please don’t send the application by post.
- The last date for submitting the online application is 19th September, 2016 (5:00 PM).
- The applicant own valid and functional email address & mobile number must be used for submission of the online application.
- Don’t submit more than one application. Please ensure that the aspects of the application are correct before submitting. No claims shall be entertained in case of incomplete or non-submitted application.
- Wrongly filled up application or application with lack of essential documents will summarily be rejected.
- Signature of the applicant*
- Photograph of the applicant*
- 10th standard certificate*
- 12th Class Certificate*
- B.Sc./B.A. Class Certificate (mandatory for the students applying for 2-year M.Sc.)
- Certificate of admission from Head/Principal/Registrar/Director of the college/university/institute. (as per annexure-I)*
- In case the student passed his/her 12th class from rural area then the rural area school certificate (as per annexure –II) is mandatory for the students having 80% to 84.99% marks.
- Rural area certificate of class 11th & 12th if claimed 5% additional weightage. (as per annexure-II) (if student claim additional weightage of 5% for rural area that rural area certificate should be mandatory.)
- Declaration from the student. (as per annexure – III)*
Application Deadline: 19th September, 2016 (5:00 PM)
Haryana Govt | Promotion of Science Education (POSE) Scholarship Scheme 2016-17
View Original Notification: http://www.dstharyana.org/html/whtsnew/2016/15072016pose/Advertisement%20-%202016.pdf