Human Genetics, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry SRF Job Vacancy @ NIBMG: The National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG) has been established as an autonomous institution by the Government of India, under the aegis of the Department of Biotechnology. This is the first institution in India explicitly devoted to research, training, translation & service and capacity-building in biomedical genomics.
Human Genetics, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry SRF Job Vacancy @ NIBMG
Applications are invited for the following post:
Name of the post: Senior Research Fellow
Name of the project: Genome-wide association study of phenotypic extremes in primary angle closure glaucoma funded by Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India through Human Genetics and Genome Analysis Task Force
Project Description: The study aims to comprehensive understanding of the genomic basis of primary angle closure glaucoma. The overarching goal of the study is to identify genomic markers that can predict susceptibility to angle closure glaucoma, which could eventually aid in early intervention for a better prognosis of the disease. We are looking for motivated and bright individual who is interested to work on genomics of angle closure glaucoma, involving analysis and interpretation of genome wide genotyping and targeted resequencing data generated in the project and also scientifically contribute to the project goals.
Duration: One Year
- M.Sc. in Human Genetics, Genetics, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or Zoology with NET or DBT-BET Category-II
- At least two years of research experience in related fields
- Experience in handling of software packages and databases
- Experience in handling DNA sequence or genotyping of data
Nature of Duty:
- Project specific experimental and data analysis activities
- Contribute scientifically to project outcome
- Might be required to travel to collaborating institute i.e. AIIMS, New Delhi
Emolument: Rs. 28,000/-
How to apply:
- Please apply online via web link http://apply.nibmg.ac.in (no other form of application will be accepted).
- Call letters to attend screening test and/or interview will be sent only to the short-listed candidates by e-mail only.
- No correspondence will be made with applicants who are not shortlisted / not called for screening test and / or interview.
- No TA/DA will be paid in this regard.
Application Deadline: 5.30 pm, 29 July 2016
View original notification: http://www.nibmg.ac.in/academic/Ad%20project%20linked%20personnel-PACG-GWAS.pdf