Life Science Job | Temporary Research Assistant Position @ Rhode Island Hospital: Rhode Island Hospital is the main teaching hospital of the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University. Rhode Island Hospital ranks 13th among independent hospitals that receive funding from the National Institutes of Health, with research awards of more than $27 million annually. Many of its physicians are recognized as leaders in their respective fields of cancer, cardiology, diabetes, orthopedics, trauma, and minimally invasive surgery. The hospital’s pediatrics wing, Hasbro Children’s Hospital, has pioneered numerous procedures and is at the forefront of fetal surgery, orthopedics, and pediatric neurosurgery. Together with the Miriam Hospital, Rhode Island Hospital is a founding member of the Lifespan health system.
The hospital is the largest of the state’s general acute care hospitals, and a tertiary care referral center, providing comprehensive health services for both adults and children. The facility is a 719-bed acute care hospital.The Rhode Island Hospital (RIH) provides comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic services to inpatients and outpatients, with particular expertise in cardiology, oncology, neurosciences and orthopedics, as well as pediatrics at Hasbro Children’s Hospital, its children’s hospital which is located on the RIH campus. It is designated as the Level I Trauma Center for southeastern New England.
Life Science Job | Research Assistant Position @ Rhode Island Hospital
- Under the general supervision of the Principal Investigator(s) and Clinical Research Coordinator, assist in acquisition and analysis of patient information for multiple clinical research projects.
- Interviews patients to gather information, prepares and maintains study record, enters data via computer, performs statistical analyses of resultant data.
- Participates in qualitative/quantitative analyses of resultant data.
- Reviews relevant literature to gather information and may participate in development of research protocols.
- Perform EKG’s and take vital signs during research-based monitoring tests.
- Perform blood spinning and shipment of blood and tissue samples as required by protocol.
Educational Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Applied or Life Sciences or related area, including courses in research methodologies and microcomputer systems.
- Three to six months on-the-job experience to become familiar with specific research studies.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Knowledge of theory and techniques of research methodology.
- Organizational skills to organize and prioritize own efforts on multiple projects and to gather research information, format appropriately for computer data entry, prepare and maintain records and reports, etc.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with patients, families and Hospital professional to gather and exchange information.
- Analytical skills to participate in developing research protocols, perform statistical analyses and participate in qualitative/quantitative analyses of research data.
- Technical ability to operate and maintain computer system.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care patients with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
Requisition Number: RIH9564
Affiliate: Rhode Island Hospital
Job Title: 24hrs/Days/ Temporary – Clinical Research Assistant – 1PEDI KREMSDORF HCC
Standard Hours: 24
Department: 1PEDI KREMSDORF HCC – 7511007
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm
Position Type: Part Time – Temporary
City: East Providence
State / Province: Rhode Island
Life Science Job | Temporary Research Assistant Position @ Rhode Island HospitalApply Now