List of Top Biotech Internships in India | Biotechnology Internships in USA 2019: If you are looking for internships/training in Biotechnology then you have landed at the right place and at right time.
As a minimum requirement for your Biotechnology Degree Programs, you will be required to complete an Internships or Training program.
Every single B. Tech student is supposed to undergo a two months internships at the end of the second year and by the end of the course (final semester) will be required to go for six-month project training.
Even M. Sc. / M. Tech students are required to complete internships/training at least for one semester (6-month project training).
There are few private institutes or biotech companies which are providing paid internship or project training.
Many students are not able to afford the paid internships.
This article list free/paid or stipend-/fellowship-based internships or training opportunities. Please go through the list and find the best suitable opportunity and grab that opportunity as soon as possible.
This article was first published in 2016 and is quite popular among the Biotech/Life Sciences/Biological Sciences students. This article has total page views of about 65000+ and is still counting. Please do share this article with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and other social media websites.
If you are looking for a list of top biotech internships in the USA, please go to page number 4 shown below.
List of Top Biotech Internships in India
Internships in Biocon
Internships in Biotech Companies
- Biocon-KGI Certificate Program in Biosciences @ Biocon Academy, Bangalore: The Biocon-KGI Certificate Program in Biosciences is a ‘best-in-class’ program that transforms graduate and postgraduate students into professionals ready to take on the evolving challenges of the Biotech industry. This 18-week full-time Certificate Program, delivered by renowned Faculty from KGI and Biocon Academy, is designed to have classroom sessions that provide the scientific background of the applications of Biotechnology as well as industry assignments and hands-on training. Hurry up and don’t miss the chance. Click here for more details
Free/Paid Biotechnology Internships in India
Here is the list of the top biotech internships/training in India.
This list contains information about various research institutes/universities/biotech companies offering summer training, short training, project training, and dissertation training opportunities.
These top institutes/universities/companies may or may not charge you for an internship (summer/winter) or training programs at their institutes, and even in some cases, these institutes may provide a stipend/fellowships to the outstanding candidates for completing training/internships.
- Biotechnology Training Center in Bangalore | Instem, Bangalore: The training program at inStem is open to interested and motivated pre-doctoral candidates and usually comprises M.Sc. students between their first and second years. Many students also do their Masters projects here. Engineering and medical students are also encouraged to apply.
- Winter / Summer Training in Delhi @ Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB), Delhi: IGIB provides training to students with an excellent academic record as well as interest and aptitude to work at IGIB for partial fulfillment of their degree program, i.e., M.Sc./B.Tech/M.Tech and other professional courses. IGIB accepts a limited number of trainees for one year or 6 months project training.
- Biotech Internships in Kolkata | Summer Student Research Programme 2018 @ IISER-Kolkata: To provide B.Sc., M.Sc., B.S., M.S., B.Tech., and B.E. students of institutions or universities across India an opportunity of exposure to a research environment by associating them with one of the research groups of IISER during the summer vacation.
- Biotech Internships in Pune | IISER Pune Summer Student Programme 2018: Successful applicants will have an opportunity to participate in the research programmes of IISER-Pune faculty. Research activities in IISER-Pune span both theory and experiment in biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics and Earth sciences with a strong focus on interdisciplinary research.
- Biotech Internships in Chennai | Summer Fellowship Programme @ IIT Madras: The IITM – Summer Fellowship Programme of two months with stipend is designed to enhance awareness and interest in high-quality academic research among young Engineering, Management, Sciences and Humanities students through a goal-oriented summer mini-project undertaken at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras. Candidates pursuing the Third Year of B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Engg) / Integrated M.E. / M.Tech. The programme, First Year of ME / M.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.A, MBA with an outstanding academic background in terms of high ranks in university examinations are encouraged to apply, highlighting their academic performance and achievement including papers presented at seminars, projects executed, design contests participated, score/rank in Mathematics Olympiad and any other awards/distinctions obtained.
- Biotech Internships in Rourkela | 50 Summer Fellowships @ NIT Rourkela: NIT Rourkela has launched a Summer Internship Programme with an objective to encourage ambitious, bright students of different Institutes in India other than NIT Rourkela to pursue an innovative research and development project under the guidance of NIT Rourkela faculties.
- Summer Training / Winter Training in Pune | M.Sc./M.Tech Biotech Project Training Programme 2018 @ NCCS, Pune: NCCS, Pune conducts two six months (January to June and July to December) research training program twice a year. NCCS does not admit students directly for the Summer Training Programme. However, candidates selected as Summer Research Fellows (SRF) by Indian Academy of Sciences (IAS), are admitted for two months training. Students who are interested in Summer Training at NCCS may apply directly to Indian Academy of Sciences (IAS) SRF Program with preference indicated for NCCS.
- Six Months Research Training Programme @ Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB), Gurgaon: RCB inducts post-graduate students of science from various universities/institutions/colleges of repute in research training programs, to carry out their project work towards partial fulfillment of their post-graduate degrees. Selected candidates undergo training under the supervision of members of RCB faculty, learning to conduct their research project in collaboration with other group members.
- Summer Training @ National Brain Research Centre (NBRC), Haryana: Students for summer training at NBRC are selected through the summer fellowship program of the three National Science Academies viz.: Indian Academy of Science, Bangalore; Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi; National Academy of Science, Allahabad.
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai: Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) conducts annual summer programs / Visiting Students Research Programme (VSRP) in which talented students are introduced to research activities in the areas of Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, and Physics. Click here for 2019 trainee program.
- Internship in Biotechnology in Bangalore | Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc), Bangalore: Students interested in pursuing summer internships at the IISc can directly contact professors via email enquire about open internship position in their lab. Numerous opportunities are also posted on the IISc websites offering summer training. Please visit their websites, then go through the profile of the Professor and read about his research interests and if you find a professor whose research attracts you, then write an email to the professor showing an interest in his research and also come up with your own research idea which might complement the research of the professor’s work. If you follow this approach you will sure shot get an opportunity to work at IISc. Please avoid spamming the mailbox.
- Biotechnology Internships in Bangalore | Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bangalore: The Centre offers four different training modules such as Summer Research Fellowship Programme (SRFP), Visiting Fellowships, Project-Oriented Chemistry Education (POCE) and Project Oriented Biology Education (POBE). BioChem Adda suggests the biotech students go for SRFP and POBE.
- SRFP is offered to undergraduate and MSc students (BSc, B.Tech, and MSc). The shortlisted students under this programme are allowed to work under the supervision of prominent scientists at the Centre or elsewhere in India. Summer fellowships are offered for two months with a stipend of INR 6000/- per month and also travel support as per center norms. This program has proved to be attractive and competitive; each year, about 2000 students from all over India apply for the 50-60 fellowships awarded.
- POBE scheme is a better alternative for undergraduate students. Shortlisted candidates are offered to work at the Centre for three consecutive summers. The candidates who can complete the program successfully will receive Diploma in Biology from the Centre. There is an additional benefit of this program, outstanding candidate (subject to satisfactory performance in the interview) will be directly eligible for admission to the MS-PhD program of the Centre. Students who are enrolled in the first year of their three year B.Sc program (in any science stream) are only eligible. A scholarship of about INR 6000 per month will be provided to the successful candidates.
List of Top Biotech Internships in India
Free/Paid Biotechnology Internships in India
Summer training | Short-term training | Project training
- Summer training/project training Program @ Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB), Hyderabad: CSIR-CCMB accepts applications from candidates pursuing M.Sc / M.Pharm/ M.Tech/ B.Pharm/ B.Tech in any branch of Life sciences to undertake long-term research training towards partial fulfillment of their degree and also offers short-term summer training. CCMB offers Project – based Research Training with an opportunity to the candidates to work in a laboratory for a period of 6-months or 1-year; based on their research interest. Usually, CCMB charges a fee of 25,000 INR for a 6-month period and a fee of 40,000 INR for 1-year training. For more details click here.
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Center For Biomedical Research, Delhi: We have compiled a list of opportunities at ACBR, please go through it: conducts an annual Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) of 14 weeks duration in the newly emerging techniques of Biotechnology. SURP trainees undergo both theoretical and analytical training in biomedical sciences and biotechnology. Applications for training under SURP must be sent to the Director of ACBR on or before 15th May every year.
- Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP): ACBR conducts an annual training program of 14 weeks (May to August) duration in the newly emerging techniques of biotechnology. The best part is that they offer a scholarship/fellowship of INR 2,500 to outstanding candidates on completion of SURP. Applications are accepted by the Director of ACBR until the end of April every year.
- Science Academy Summer Research Fellowship Programme 2018 for Students and Teachers: The three national science academies (Indian National Science Academy New Delhi, Indian National Academy of Science, Allahabad and, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore) offers two-month summer fellowships opportunities to the students/teachers so that they are able to work with academy fellows or with reputed scientists every year. Applications are invited by the academies from interested students and teachers from all Universities and Colleges affiliated to UGC/AICTE/MCI/Accredited Institutions of State Universities for these Fellowships. Every year only 5-6 candidates are shortlisted and are offered to carry out their two months summer research project at ACBR.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), Delhi: The School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University is organizing JNU Summer School/Biotech Internships under the UGC Resource Network Outreach Program. Applications are invited from students pursuing graduate or post-graduate studies in any branch of Science or Technology (M.Sc. M.Tech, M.B.B.S, M.D) and teachers from Colleges and Universities for participation in this Summer Research Programme being conducted from 29th May 2017 to 7th July 2017 at the School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- CSIR- Indian Institute of Chemical Biology (IICB), Kolkata: Biotech Internships provides an opportunity to gain research experience and work in close collaboration with a scientist. IICB offers several opportunities for postgraduate students by offering programs such as Summer Training/Project Work/Dissertation Work. Their aim is to let young minds feel the thrill and excitement of science by working on a project requiring an application and critical appreciation of scientific principles. Shortlisted candidates do need to pay for their research work at CSIR-IICB. So, BioChem Adda team will suggest biotech students who are interested in working at IICB should apply through government-supported projects such as KVPY, INSPIRE, INSA/IAS so that they will be able to get the stipend for sponsoring their stay. Please see the fee structure given below:
Fee structure at IICB: Rs. 5,000/- (Rupees Five thousand) per month consolidated for a period of 6 months. Rs. 40,000/- (Rupees forty thousand consolidated) for more than six months but less than nine months. Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees fifty thousand) consolidated for a period of 9 months to one year.
- Excellent Short-term training @ National Institute of Immunology (NII), New Delhi: The Institute provides opportunities for outstanding students to carry out project work/biotech internships under the supervision of the Institute’s scientists towards partial fulfilment of their postgraduate degrees (of at least SIX months’ duration; Session I: July-December; Session II: January-June).
- Long-Term Training/Internships in Biotechnology @ ICAR – National Research Centre on Plant Biotechnology (NRCPB): The project work-training of five to six months will be offered to students doing M.Sc/ M.Tech in Biotechnology / Bioinformatics or Life Science disciplines, and B.Tech (Biotech/Bioinformatics) degree programs. The training aims at providing an opportunity for carrying out research in Plant Biotechnology and Genomics.
- Project Training @ Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB), Thiruvananthapuram: As part of its commitment to human resource development, RGCB permits students at the MSc, BTech, M.Phil and M.Tech levels to carry out dissertation and project work in various disciplines. Projects and dissertations may be for one month, 2-3 months, 4-6 months or 7-12 months.
- Projects/ Summer Training IIT Bombay: If you are interested in training at IIT Bombay, then you have to find a Supervisor as per your research interest. After getting the Supervisor’s consent, you will be allowed to complete your project work after the payment of the fees which will be charged as per your stay. Click here for more info.
- Summer internships @ IIT Roorkee: IIT Roorkee invites applications for institute-funded SPARK fellowships for summer internships. IIT Roorkee will pay a weekly stipend of Rs. 2500/week and project-funded summer internships. This opportunity is a win-win situation for both student and institute as it offers institute an opportunity to attract and nurture talented undergraduate students of other institutes. After completing this summer internship programme, some of these students may apply for postgraduate or doctoral studies at IITR. Click here for more details.
- Summer research internship program @ IIT Gandhinagar: The flagship program of IIT Gandhinagar attracts students and faculties from prominent institutions across the country right here on their campus. Visiting scientists and students are offered an opportunity to participate in on-going research projects under the supervision of IITGN faculty. This program also provides an opportunity to develop close partnerships and collaborations between respective institutions. Click here for more details.
- Summer internship programme @ IIT Mandi: IIT Mandi invites applications from 2nd-year B.Tech./B.E. students and 1st year PG or Masters students for the summer internship programme at IIT Mandi. The period of internship is about eight weeks starting (June 11, 2018, to August 03, 2018). Short-listed candidates are offered free hostel accommodation and a stipend of Rs. 10,000/- for the entire eight weeks period. Travel and living expenses are borne by the candidates. Click here
- Summer Internship @ IIT Ropar: Students who are registered for a degree program in any academic institution in the fields of Civil Engineering, Chemical Engg., Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Humanities & Social Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Centre for Material and Energy Engineering and Centre for Biomedical Engineering can apply for the summer internship programme. Candidates who are short-listed will get a fellowship of amount Rs. 5000/- per month and Rs.10,000/ for the 2 months period will be provided. Click here
- Internship/Summer Training @ IIT Guwahati: The Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering at IIT Guwahati offers Internship/Summer Training in multidisciplinary areas of biotechnology to both undergraduate & graduate students of science & engineering disciplines. The major thrust of the department includes biochemical engineering, plant biotechnology, nanobiotechnology, protein biophysics & proteomics, industrial biotechnology & bioengineering, in addition to providing state of the art facilities in these core areas. A non-refundable Rs. 5000/ is to be paid by the selected candidate to get admission in the training programme.
- Summer internship program @ IIT Bhubaneswar: The student registered for a degree in a government-funded technical institution and the students referred by various academies, desirous to carry out internship or to avail laboratory/other academic facilities/short-term training at IIT Bhubaneswar in the fields related to the School of Basic Sciences, Earth, Ocean & Climate Sciences, Electrical Sciences, Infrastructure, Mechanical Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences and Management and Minerals, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering may apply for the Internship Programme.
- Summer and Winter Internship @ IISER, Bhopal: IISER Bhopal provides an opportunity to the students for completing winter or summer training at their institutes.
- Summer Research Program 2018 @ IISER Mohali: Applications are invited for the IISER Mohali Summer Research Program 2018. Selected students at the level of BSc (Second Year/Third Year), MSc (First Year) or equivalent will be able to spend 2 months at IISER Mohali during the summer in order to work on specific summer projects with IISER Mohali faculty. Summer Research Program 2017
- Summer Visiting Programme @ IISER Thiruvananthapuram:
- Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL), New Delhi: BCIL organizes an annual Biotech Industrial Training Programme (BITP)/Biotech Internships program for students who have completed their degree in Biotechnology and related fields. Students with BE, BTech, MSc and MTech degrees are eligible to apply. The aim of this training program is to help students cultivate the required skill sets for finding jobs in the biotech sector. Click here for more details about BCIL 2018.
- IISER Pune invites applications from research-oriented students to participate in its Summer Student Programme, 2018. Successful applicants will have an opportunity to participate in the research programmes of IISER-Pune faculty. Research activities in IISER-Pune span both theory and experiment in biology, chemistry, mathematics, and physics with a strong focus on interdisciplinary research. These summer projects are also an opportunity for students to evaluate the suitability of various programmes at IISER-Pune (Integrated Ph.D. and Ph.D.) for future career choice.
Note: We will be regularly updating this list. And if we have missed any please do write us to biochemadda at gmail.com.
Please do share and like this article as an appreciation of our work.