Mass Spectrometry Specialist @ University of Chicago: The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
The Mass Spectrometry Facility at the University of Chicago is seeking an experienced technician in Chromatogram and Mass Spectrometry to assist the Director with daily activities of the open-access core facility devoted to both small and larger molecule characterization and quantification. The core currently consists of 10 mass spectrometers located in three labs that support research across numerous scientific disciplines, and covers a wide variety of chromatogram and mass spectrometry platforms of GCMS, LCMS and MALDI-Tof. The candidate will use his/her knowledge and experiences as the basis to learn the required skills and knowledge to maintain the instruments and the lab operations under the Director’s guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of related experiences or Master’s degree with 1-3 years of related experiences.
Technical knowledge and skills:
- Skills in chromatography, such as HPLC, GC, TLC, and IC.
- Skills in Mass Spectrometry, such as GCMS, LCMS and MALDI.
- Skills in handling wet chemistry and operating basic lab instruments.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Mass Spectrometry Specialist @ University of Chicago
FOR FURTHER JOB DETAILS AND TO APPLY GO HERE:
Other Related Jobs: