Senior Microbiologist Position | Microbiology Biotechnology Jobs @ MSD, Singapore: Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE: MRK), d.b.a. Merck Sharp & Dohme (MSD) outside the United States and Canada, is an American pharmaceutical company and one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
The company was established in 1891 as the United States subsidiary of the German company Merck, which was founded in 1668 by the Merck family. Merck & Co. was nationalized by the US government during World War I and subsequently established as an independent American company in 1917. While it operates as Merck & Co. in North America, the original Merck based in Darmstadt holds the rights to the Merck name everywhere else. Merck & Co. is the world’s seventh largest pharmaceutical company by market capitalization and revenue. Its headquarters is located in Kenilworth, New Jersey.
Senior Microbiologist Position | Microbiology Biotechnology Jobs @ MSD, Singapore
Senior Microbiologist Job
Date: Jun 15, 2016
- Perform routine/non-routine quality monitoring, sampling and testing of Utility systems inclusive of Purified water, Water for Injection, Pure steam.
- Compressed air and Nitrogen systems.
- Perform the routine/non-routine environmental monitoring for all required plants, facilities, clean rooms, hygienic areas and labs, inclusive of particle monitoring test.
- Perform personnel qualification and re-qualification and also to lead qualification and re-qualification of the clean rooms, when necessary.
- Provide testing support to plant validation activities
- Perform in-process and release samples testing of excipient/ packaging components for the different drug products, semi finished drug product and drug substances. i.e., Sterility test, Bacterial endotoxin test, Bioburden test, Microbial Limits Test, etc., as appropriate.
- Perform routine and Batch related Environmental monitoring in clean rooms and other production areas and laboratory.
- Perform Media Receival, Sterility check and Growth Promotion Tests for media used for testing.
- Perform initial Quality Control check and regular QC checks on ready-to-use cultures and maintenance of cell cultures.
- Perform microbial identification (Bacteria, mold and yeast) in water, environment and product samples.
- Perform periodic review of closed out Validation Document packages and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Extend documentation support to the department by participating in writing/revising of SOPs, protocols, Test reports and any other work assigned by the Senior, Lead Microbiologist, Sr/ Manager, Microbiology.
- Liaise with external vendors on instrument calibration and maintenance.
- Solicit quotations of laboratory consumables.
- Maintain continuous supply of laboratory consumables
- Participate in SHE, Business Compliance, cGMP and all other compliance-related matters, where applicable.
- Supervise and oversee Third Party Contractors, where applicable.
- Need to co-ordinate with Quality, respective Plant Operations, Projects and Engineering & Maintenance.
- Liaise with other department for training needs and technical support
- Liaise with vendor and service engineers/ESPs for equipment validation, calibration and maintenance work.
- Need to coordinate with suppliers of microbiological media and other equipment.
- Perform method transfers/Qualifications for drug substances and other drug products.
- Maintain the Calibration and Preventive Maintenance Programme.
- Review of compendial and corporate policy changes.
- Prepare trend Reports.
- Perform Qualification and validation of equipment.
- Review and approve test reports log books, data sheets that are generated in microbiology lab.
- Review SOPs and Protocols with relevant to Microbiology.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor / Manager.
Qualifications for Senior Microbiologist Position | Microbiology Biotechnology Jobs @ MSD, Singapore
- Degree in Microbiology / Biotechnology.
- 4 – 6 years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Good understanding of Safety and cGMP practices
- Experience in operating laboratory equipment and lab computer systems
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical development mindset in research and commercialization activities
Job: Quality Lab Related Job Title:Spclst, Quality Control
Primary Location: APAC-SG-Singapore-Singapore
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name: MSD
Job Segment: Engineer, Supply, Microbiology, Technical Support, Biotech, Engineering, Operations, Science, Technology
Senior Microbiologist Position | Microbiology Biotechnology Jobs @ MSD, SingaporeApply now
View original notification: http://jobs.msd.com/MSD/job/Singapore-Senior-Microbiologist-Job/347720800