Molecular Biology Job | Scientific Researcher @ Genentech, California, South San Francisco: Genentech is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. We are among the world’s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.Genentech became a member of the Roche Group in March of 2009. As part of their merger agreement, Roche and Genentech combined their pharmaceutical operations in the United States. Genentech’s South San Francisco campus now serves as the headquarters for Roche pharmaceutical operations in the United States. Genentech Research and Early Development operates as an independent center within Roche.
Molecular Biology Job | Scientific Researcher @ Genentech, California, South San Francisco
- Ability to independently design, execute and interpret variety of experiments and solving problems rapidly on target evaluation and drug development.
- Perform wet lab experiments, generate and interpret experimental data on various projects focusing on oncology target identification and functional validation. Hence, some routine cell culture and molecular biology work (e.g. cloning, plasmid prep etc) will be required
- Development of animal models of cancer to conduct and guide research activities.
- Perform wet lab experiments to spearhead a fast moving research and drug-discovery project.
- Communicating clearly in a variety of contexts, including team meetings, research presentations, writing/publications, and scientific discussions.And, collaborating productively with colleagues throughout the Research organization.
- BS degree in Molecular biology, cancer biology, cell biology, biochemistry or related disciplines plus 5 years relevant work/research experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. PhD strongly preferred.
- Strong technical background and skills of cellular and biochemical assays, including RNAi, CRISPR/Cas9, signaling, flow cytometry, cellular immunology assays and familiarity with in vivo murine models of oncology or other disease.
- Experience in generating stable cell lines including construct generation, virus production, transduction, and cloning.
- Strong background in cell culture and cell biology and molecular biology methodology.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, possesses excellent critical thinking, organization and analytical ability as well as excellent oral and written communication skills along with the ability to interpret and present data at meetings.In conclusion, candidate should multitask and adapt to rapidly evolving research environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and advance research in an independent manner in a highly collaborative environment is essential.
- Track record of success as evidenced by a strong publication record and/or evidence of sustained contributions in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Location: United States – California, South San Francisco
Job type: Regular Employee
Molecular Biology Job | Scientific Researcher @ Genentech, California, South San FranciscoApply Now