Molecular Medicine Research Scientist Job @ UTHealth | USA: Established in 1972 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is Houston’s Health University and Texas’ resource for health care education, innovation, scientific discovery and excellence in patient care. The most comprehensive academic health center in The UT System and the U.S. Gulf Coast region, UTHealth is home to schools of biomedical informatics, biomedical sciences, dentistry, nursing and public health and the John P. and Kathrine G. McGovern Medical School. UTHealth includes The University of Texas Harris County Psychiatric Center and a growing network of clinics throughout the region. The university’s primary teaching hospitals include Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and Harris Health Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital.
Molecular Medicine Research Scientist Job @ UTHealth | USA
Application Types Accepted: Application
Requisition Number: 170136
Job Category: Research
Job Title: Research Scientist
# Hours Per Week: 40
Shift/Work Schedule: 8AM – 5PM
School/Unit: Institute of Molecular Medicine
Job Location: Texas Medical Center
Job Summary: Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins…
Plans, supervises and directs research, investigations, or other technical operations. Provides technical expertise to facilitate the design, implementation, and analysis of procedures, techniques, and results which enables investigators to conduct research projects.
Additional Summary Specific to Job Primary responsibilities include:
- Determines feasibility of possible projects to ensure results will have a significant impact. Determines project feasibility in terms of staff, time, and resources.
- Plans and performs quantitative and qualitative research procedures in various areas of biology, chemistry, and other biomedical, or related scientific areas. Identifies the problem through contact with other researchers, practicing physicians, or literature searches. Formulates a problem or project to research. Designs procedures to solve the problem.
- Conducts experiments using advanced equipment and applying complex techniques. Procedures may include tissue culture, protein purification, enzyme purification, enzyme assays, membrane protein purification, monoclonal antibody analysis, cytogenic analysis, gel electrophoresis, immunoelectrophoresis, immunofluorescent method, radioimmunoassays, biometry, biofeedback, neurotransmitter analysis, biospectrometry, microtomy, liquid, gas and thin layer chromatography, microspectrophotometry, tissue processing, tissue staining, behavioral testing, anesthetic dosage, neurohistochemistry, animal surgery, immunochemistry, gel electrophoresis, deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) testing, electron microscopy, and biophysical assays and measurements.
- Designs experimental procedures, which may involve examining new techniques,such as gene manipulation such as RNAi and CRISPR/Cas9 that may improve existing analysis and provide additional capabilities.
- Evaluates the data from the analysis.
- Presents results in a written paper for publication, in a presentation at a meeting, or through personal contact with faculty members and other researchers.
- Maintains lab equipment, assists in necessary repairs, and promotes a safe laboratory environment. Ensures direct reports follow safety procedures and attends basic safety training courses.
- Provides work direction and guidance to personnel within department. May lead projects and activities.
- Routine and frequent communication of personal research progress and update of overall lab research and performance to the PI.
- Training and technical support of new lab personnel.
- Open discussion and constructive recommendation of any issues in the lab that might affect the productivity of the lab.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Organizational Requirements: Doctorate degree with a minimum of four years experience in a related research environment and have verifiable publications within the field of the research project.
Departmental Requirements/Preferences Six years of experience in a related research environment, especially familiar with genetic model systems and large-scale screens and phenotype analyses, and have verifiable publications within the field of the research project.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
This position works with Houston Independent School District (H.I.S.D.) students: No
This position works with minors under the age of 18 years.: Yes
This position will be working in a laboratory or clinic: Yes
This position will use radiation sources: Yes
Pre Employment Conditions:
- Drug Test
- TB Skin Test
Open to current UTHSC-H employees only? No
Job Classification: regular
FLSA Status: Exempt
Does this position accept online applications? Yes
This is a grant funded position: Yes
Benefits Eligible: Yes
How To Apply:
Copy and paste this link into an email and they will be a click away from a new opportunity! jobs.uth.tmc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=113330
View Original Notification: https://jobs.uth.tmc.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp?postingId=490208