Molecular RNA Biology Jobs Germany | Postdoc Position @ DKFZ: The German Cancer Research Center (known as the Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum or simply DKFZ in German), is a national cancer research center based in Heidelberg,Germany. It is a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres, the largest scientific organization in Germany.
The establishment of a national cancer research center in Germany was initiated by Heidelberg surgeon Professor Karl Heinrich Bauer. The DKFZ was set up in 1964 by resolution of the State government of Baden-Wuerttemberg as a foundation under public law. In 1975, the Center became a member of the Association of National Research Centers.
The AGF was transformed into the Hermann von Helmholtz Association of National Research Centers in 1995. The Center has also been a member of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) since 1977.
Molecular RNA Biology Jobs Germany | Postdoc Position @ DKFZ
Department: RNA Biology & Cancer
Designation: Postdoctoral Fellow – Molecular RNA Biology
The division “RNA Biology & Cancer” is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow with significant and published experience in the area of molecular biology and cancer research, ideally in RNA biology or cancer genetic research. The position is funded by and is part of the NCT Basic Science consortium on “Regulation of Translation in Cancer”.
The postdoctoral fellow will focus on the functional, regulatory and mechanistic characterization of genetic aberrations in cancer beyond the coding region (EMBO Mol Med 2016). The central project will be the molecular characterization of synonymous mutations not altering the amino acid sequence of oncoproteins but their nucleotide sequence. We will investigate how these synonymous mutations affect the interaction, stability, structure and translation of the affected mRNAs. The current method spectrum of the division is centered around molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry with cell lines and primary patient samples as model systems but should be expanded by the postdoctoral fellow. Jointly with the division head, new projects within the focus area of the lab can also be developed and supported to allow the growth into scientific maturity and independence.
- We are seeking a highly motivated and ambitious postdoctoral fellow with a PhD / Dr. rer. nat. in a life science field to pursue and lead research projects on molecular biology of RNA in cancer with creativity, independence and team spirit.
- Published experience in techniques of cellular and molecular biology, cancer research and/or biochemistry are required.
- The applicant should work efficiently, goal-oriented and accurate, have a deep interest in research and must be proficient in English.
- If you are interested, please submit your CV, publication list, university degrees, contact details for at least three references online to the DKFZ.
- Interesting, varied position
- International environment
- Compensation to TV-L
- Opportunities for part-time work
- Flexible working hours
- Good education and training
Starts: as soon as possible
Expiration: This fully funded position will be granted initially for two years with the possibility of extension. The position can in principle be part-time.
Application deadline: July 1, 2016
Further information: Prof. Dr. Sven Diederichs
phone 06221 42-4383
Molecular RNA Biology Jobs Germany | Postdoc Position @ DKFZApply Now
View original notification: http://www.dkfz.de/en/stellenangebote/index.php?id=140/2016