Nanotechnology Jobs | Postdoc Fellowship @ INL, Braga, Portugal: The INL – International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory was founded by the governments of Portugal and Spain under an international legal framework to perform interdisciplinary research, deploy and articulate nanotechnology for the benefit of society. INL aims to become the world-wide hub for nanotechnology addressing society’s grand challenges.
The INL research programme comprises four strategic fields of application of nanoscience and nanotechnology: Food and Environment, ICT, Energy and Health.
Ref.06.16.37 – Post-Doctoral COFUND Fellowship Programme – NanoTRAINforGrowth II
INL encourages you to participate in this great opportunity and to apply in the 1st Call
What is the NanoTRAINforgrowth II Programme?
The International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL), in Braga (Portugal) is launching the first call for the NanoTRAINforGrowth II – Post-Doctoral Fellowship Programme. This programme aims to provide an opportunity for experienced researchers (from all over the world and all nationalities) to sketch out a research project and work on their own research idea at INL´s facilities.
INL will provide the selected applicants the opportunity to develop and carry out a research project in a highly stimulating and multicultural environment, which includes access to state-of-the-art equipment and personal career assistance.
The NanoTRAINForGrowth II – is co-funded by the European Union through the Marie Curie Action “Co-funding of regional, national and international programmes (COFUND)”.
Nanotechnology Jobs | Postdoc Fellowship @ INL, Braga, Portugal
- Applicants must hold a PhD degree.
- Applicants of any nationality are eligible to apply.
- Applicants from any discipline of our four strategic fields (Food and Environment, ICT, Energy and Health) are eligible to apply.
- Applications should be researchers who have a well established reputation or emerging international reputation, have made major contributions to their field and can provide evidence of research leadership and or public impact. They are expected to have played a significant role in shaping their discipline or field through their outcomes, achievements and key indicators. They are also expected to have made a positive contribution to the development of knowledge, research and development through co-operations and collaborations.
- Applicants must submit a complete application as stated in the section applications procedure.
- Applicants must not have been at INL for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the deadline for submission of proposals.
For the application to be valid, the candidate must complete all the required sections of the online application form you can find by clicking below in the ‘apply for this job!’ button, as well as, enclose all the required documents (documents 1 to 6 here below).
The following application documents in pdf format are required by the deadline 14th of August 2016– 23:00 Lisbon time:
- The Research Proposal filled out following the provided Template. It is mandatory to submit a maximum 7 page research proposal;
- Ethical issues table completed following the provided Template within the Research Proposal (document 1 above);
- The scientific and professional Curriculum Vitae;
- A copy of the PhD award certificate;
- A copy of an Identity Document;
- Any other documentation providing evidence of the applicant’s professional qualifications and experience.
Only full applications will be considered for evaluation. The application language is in English. The applicant will be responsible for the data submission and validation of the application components before the deadline.
All applicants are advised to read the following documents:
- Guide for Applicants;
- Evaluator’s Guide;
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) available here.
Research Project Proposal
The Research proposal should describe the activities planned following the research proposal template for NanoTRAINforGrowth II Fellow Application (see point 1 section Application Procedure). Candidates should submit an innovative research proposal with relevance to the key strategic areas of INL being energy, health, food & environment and ICT. Proposals incorporating emerging fields such as meta-materials, plasmonics, quantum science & technology, bionics, advanced nanopatterning, 3-D printing etc are welcome!
- Health: present focus on: point-of-care diagnostics (lab-on-a-chip microsystems, microfluidic platforms), DNA, protein, and cell chips, biomolecular labels, drug delivery solutions, imaging, neuroelectronics.
- Food and Environment: present focus on: nanotechnology applied to food industry, food safety, and environmental control and safety. Water, soil, and air pollution monitoring. Lab-on-a-chip technologies, smart packaging and labels, biosensing technologies, food process control, valorization of biopolymers and food waste.
- Energy: present focus on: solar cells, batteries and fuel cells, solar fuel production, energy-harvesting micro/nano systems.
- ICT: present focus on: spintronics, nanoelectronics, photonics, integration of new technologies on CMOS, NEMS/MEMS, micro/nanofluidics. Development of platforms for health, environmental, food, and energy applications.
Application Evaluation (Nanotechnology Jobs)
All applications will be evaluated by a Selection Committee. Candidates are evaluated on multiple parameters, including but not limited to: Postdoctoral experience, scientific outcome (publications, patents, contribution of the candidates to the field as appropriate to their career stage), quality of the RTD projects and international standing.
More detailed information can be found in the Guide for evaluators.
Closing date (Nanotechnology Jobs)
The closing date for applicants for the NanoTRAINforGrowth II – Post-Doctoral Fellowship Programme is 14th of August.
Incomplete applications, or applications received after this date will not be considered.
Employment agreement. What we offer
At INL we offer people with talent and passion a unique opportunity to develop their personal and professional lives. This is why we offer the following competitive package:
- An initial two years employment contract. Selected Researchers who demonstrate top-level performance may be given an additional one-year employment contract and/or participate in forthcoming challenging opportunities at INL.
- The yearly gross base salary is 44.100.-€ with social security coverage and tax benefits.
- Social benefits include: family allowance, child allowance, free nursery service on the INL campus, education fees for dependent children, private health insurance and travel allowances.
- Researchers will also benefit from the various social facilities available at INL.
- Access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
- Multidisciplinary research environment.
- Collaboration opportunities with international academic and industrial partners.
Selection of Candidate (Nanotechnology Jobs)
INL will publish, the final list of the successful candidates on the webportal (ntg.inl.int) within 60 days of the closing of the call. Selected and non-selected candidates, will be informed by email. It is expected that 8 fellows will be hired initially. Subsequently there will be 2nd and 3rd calls leading to further appointments.
INL firmly adhere to the principle of non-discrimination in all respects.
The NanoTRAINforGrowth II programme Helpdesk: Applicants can receive support regarding applications to this programme via email – email@example.com.Apply for this job!
Nanotechnology Jobs | Postdoc Position @ INL, Braga, Portugal
View original notification: http://inl.int/job_offers