PhD Biotechnology Program Admissions 2018 at NABI, Mohali: National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), Mohali invites applications from the motivated students for entry to the Ph.D. degree program in Biotechnology starting July 2018. NABI is a recognized center of the Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB), Faridabad to conduct the PhD (Biotechnology) program. The program will be conducted at NABI and the degree will be awarded by RCB (www.rcb.res.in), an institution of national significance Created by an act of parliament.
Duration of the Course: Minimum of 5 years and a maximum of 7 years.
Area of Research: Agricultural Biotechnology, Food Biotechnology, and Nutrition Biotechnology
No.of Seats: 20 (Reservation of seats: as per Government of India guidelines)
Fellowship: The students admitted to the program will have to avail the fellowship offered
to them from the different granting agencies as per their rules.
Details of Admission, Application Form, Ph.D. Course work and Brochure are linked below and as well as available at NABI website (www.nabi.res.in). Interested and eligible candidates may send their applications by post for admission to the Ph.D. program to Administrative Office, National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), Sector-81, Knowledge City, Mohali- 140306 (Punjab) alongwith application fee of Rs. 500/- in the form of Bank Draft in favour of “Executive Director, NABI.” payable at Mohali/Chandigarh. Last date of submission of application is
11th June, 2018. No consideration will be given to applications received after the last date.
- Minimum requirement: M.Pharma/ M.V.Sc./M.Sc./M.Tech in any area of life sciences, M.B.B.S. or an equivalent degree.
- Required Marks: 55% total marks or equivalent score in the qualifying degree (5% relaxation will be given to SC/ST/OBC as per GOI norms).
- In addition to above, the candidate for admission shall qualify a national level test for pursuing Doctor of Philosophy programme and such test include a doctoral fellowship or admission eligibility test conducted at the national level by the University Grants Commission (UGC), or Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), or Indian
Council for Medical Research (ICMR), or Department of Science and Technology (DST), or Department of Biotechnology (DBT), or any other Government recognized agency.
- Candidates who have appeared, or will be appearing, in the qualifying degree examination (final year/final semester) and whose result is still awaited can also apply. However, the admission is pursuant to satisfactory fulfilment of the aforementioned eligibility criteria/requirements at the time of joining the program.
- Caution money (Rs.5,000/-) is payable at the time of admission.
- Ph.D. thesis examination fee (Rs.10,000/-) is payable at the time of Ph.D. thesis submission
- Hostel, hostel electricity, and the cooperative mess charges are as per the actuals.
- The Fee may be revised during the course as per the provision in the RCB ordinance in this regards
- Last date of submission of applications is June 11, 2018
- Date of Interview: June 28, 2018 (The interview will be conducted for short-listed candidates only on 28th June, 2018. The purpose of this interview is to assess the student for his/her science aptitude and interest in a career in scientific research and development.)
If you have any queries you can reach at:
- Phone: +91-172-5221300,
- Email: [email protected]