PhD Jobs Biological Sciences | Research Scientist position @ Emory University: Emory University, a top-ranked private institution recognized internationally for its outstanding liberal arts colleges, graduate and professional schools, and one of the world’s leading health care systems, is located on a beautiful campus in Atlanta, Georgia’s historic Druid Hills neighborhood. Whatever your interest in Emory, we would welcome your visit to campus. Emory maintains an uncommon balance for an institution of its standing: our scholars and experts generate more than $572 million in research funding annually while also maintaining a traditional emphasis on teaching. The University is enriched by collaboration among its schools, centers, and partners as well as by the legacy and energy of Atlanta.
PhD Jobs Biological Sciences | Research Scientist position @ Emory University
- Program management for the Emory Personalized Immunotherapy Core [EPIC] for cell processing.
- Carries out research and development on novel techniques for clinical application of cell therapy systems motivated by biomedical, scientific, regulatory and engineering applications.
- Manages direct report medical technologists involved in cell manufacturing and works in a team and collaborates with a multi-disciplinary group of scientists, physicians, and healthcare QC/QA.
- Participates in all aspects of process development, transition to GMP-compliant use, regulatory compliance and FDA IND proposal writing. Performs related responsibilities as required.
This position involves: Involve working with human blood, body fluids, tissues, or other potentially infectious materials.
- Develops biochemical and cell-based assays, with the use of such assays to perform high throughput screening of small molecule libraries.
- Develops and executes lower throughput biochemical or cell-based assays for structural optimization of hit compounds.
- Communicates with biomedical investigators and medicinal chemist as well as Supervise senior technicians.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of related experience or equivalent combination of experience, education and training. Strong technical background.
- PhD in Biological Sciences, or in a related field including but not limited to Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Immunology with strong research experience in cell biology and cell therapy process development, or equivalent field and three years of research experience at a national lab, industry lab, and/or academia.
- Experience in interacting with FDA CBER and working knowledge of GMP process is an asset.
- Ability and desire to supervise a team to develop high quality, distributable processes for cell therapy applications within academia and in partnership with Industry.
Job Title : Research Scientist
Job Requisition ID: 59660BR
Operating Unit/Division: School Of Medicine
Department: 720805 SOM: Core Labs
Full/Part Time : Full-Time
PhD Jobs Biological Sciences | Research Scientist position @ Emory UniversityApply Now
View Original Notification– https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?jobId=568907&partnerid=25066&siteid=5043