PhD Protein Biochemistry | Scientist Enzyme Therapies @ Rubius Therapeutics: Rubius Therapeutics, a 2017 “Fierce 15” award winner, is creating Red-Cell Therapeutics™ as an innovative new class of medicines which address a wide array of diseases and disorders. The company’s lead programs include rare disease, cancer, and autoimmune disease. The company was founded by Flagship Pioneering in 2013 and has been capitalized with $240 million to date. For more information please visit us at www.rubiustx.com.
Rubius is seeking a Scientist to join the Enzyme Therapies team. The candidate must be independent and goal oriented, and able to efficiently work across multiple projects. We are searching for enthusiastic, innovative, and highly motivated individuals who are comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Identify and evaluate new concepts for the use of therapeutic enzymes in a novel platform.
- Plan, design and execute experiments that advance ERT prototypes towards preclinical proof of concept in relevant disease models.
- Understand and apply relevant scientific literature to the design of experimental protocols.
- Develop tools to investigate and create new assays, methods, and technologies for the advancement of new prototypes.
- Effectively coordinate with other teams as necessary to ensure the completion of the team’s research projects.
- Present results of experiments and findings in multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of research programs across multiple therapeutic modalities as part of cross-functional teams including biologists, immunologists, and pharmacologists.
- Support the continued protection, creation, and expansion of company’s intellectual property.
- Assist in maintaining a strong, entrepreneurial and creative culture with a clear sense of urgency and focus on providing transformational therapies to patients.
PhD Protein Biochemistry | Scientist Enzyme Therapies @ Rubius Therapeutics
Education & Experience
- Ph.D. in a scientific discipline related to enzymology, protein biochemistry, or rare disease biology;
- Industry experience preferred in the preclinical discovery or development of biologic or cell-based therapies;
- A strong passion and drive for bringing life-changing therapies to patients in need and in leading from the bench to independently contribute to research directions and solve challenging issues.
- Able to use independent judgment to advance research projects by planning, designing, and executing multiple, complex research projects that support corporate scientific goals and priorities.
- Excellence in a wide array of scientific techniques and methodologies relevant to enzyme replacement therapies.
- Maintains a high level of expertise through continued learning, including a review of the current scientific literature, submissions to scientific journals, and attendance and participation at conferences focused on the research and development efforts of the company.
- Demonstrated innovative and creative approaches to research.
- Holds themselves to the highest standards for integrity and quality.
- Highly adaptable and responsive to delivering with a sense of urgency for challenging commitments.
- Team oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.