Postdoctoral Position Biomedicine Jobs @ UiB, Bergen | Norway. The University of Bergen (UiB) is an internationally recognised research university with more than 14,000 students and close to 3,500 employees at six faculties. The university is located in the heart of Bergen. Our main contribution to society is excellent basic research and education across a wide range of disciplines.
Postdoctoral Position Biomedicine Jobs @ UiB, Bergen | Norway
Postdoctoral Fellow (3 years)
At the Department of Biomedicine, University of Bergen a full-time (100 %) position as Postdoctoral Fellow is available for a period of 3 years. The position is part of the project ”Identifying molecular targets on human glioblastoma”, financed by the Norwegian Research Council.
The main focus of the project is to elucidate the invasive growth of malignant brain tumours. The research group has developed both in vitro and in vivo models to study brain tumour growth and progression. Since the malignant brain tumours consist of heterogenous tumour cell populations, the main goal will be to determine if the invasive cells differ from cells found in the main tumour mass. In the project, the invasive cells will be isolated from the brain from which they will be subjected to single-cell sequencing and genomic analyses. The result from the study may lead to the development of new therapeutic principles for malignant brain tumours.
Workplace will be at Department of Biomedicine, Bergen
For further information please contact Professor Rolf Bjerkvig, Department of Biomedicine, University of Bergen: Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tlf: +47 55586352
Qualifications and skills
- The applicant must have a Ph.D degree or have submitted their doctoral dissertation for evaluation within the closing date of the application. It is a condition for appointment that the dissertation is approved.
- The applicant must have experience in various cell culture techniques, in vitro cell viability assays, flow-cytometry and advanced microscopy.
- The applicant must have experience in animal experimentation and preferably experience in animal imaging techniques.
- The applicant must be FELASA C approved for animal experimentation and should not have allergies towards animals.
- The applicant must also have experience in molecular cell biology techniques such as Western blots, immunohistochemistry and genomic analyses.
- Experience in bioinformatics/genomic analyses.
- Must be fluent in English (advanced level).
- Prior publication record will be of importance.
- Personal skills will be emphasized. The candidate should be able to work independently and interactively in a team setting, be motivated and responsible, and also have a great work capacity and enthusiasm for research
We can offer
A good and challenging work environment in research front of neuro-oncology.
Salary level 57 (code 1352/pay framework 24.1), with a degree in Medicine or Dentistry level 59 (code 1352/pay framework 24.3), with a medical specialization level 61 (code 1352/pay framework 24.5) on the government salary scale. Further promotion will be after service seniority in the position.
A pension contribute of 2 % will be deducted and deposited to the state pension scheme.
A good pension scheme in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
Inclusive workplace (IW)
Postdoctoral Position | Biomedicine Jobs @ UiB, Bergen | Norway
For more information regarding what the University of Bergen can offer its employees please visit: http://www.uib.no/en/poa/74243/what-can-university-bergen-offer-its-employees
About postdoctoral fellowships
In general, the purpose of postdoctoral positions at the University of Bergen is the building of competence by means of further development of research work to a higher level than what is possible within an ordinary PhD program. The main goals of the positions are to qualify the successful candidate for professional top positions.
Leaves of absence for other purposes than those laid down by law are normally not granted.
Applicants shall put forward a proposal for a project for qualifying work. The proposal shall include a progress plan. It is a premise that the selected candidate will complete the project within the stipulated period of employment. Up to 25% of the position may be comprised of mandatory work.
Postdoctoral fellowships are fixed term positions. You cannot be employed as a postdoctoral fellow for more than one fixed term period at the same institution. Also, you cannot be employed in a postdoctoral position if you have previously held this type of position at a different institution in the region.
Recruitment to state employment
State employment shall reflect the multiplicity of the population at large to the highest possible degree. The University of Bergen has therefore adopted a personnel policy objective to ensure that we achieve a balanced age and sex composition and the recruitment of persons of various ethnic backgrounds and persons with disabilities. Persons of different ethnic backgrounds and persons with disabilities are therefore encouraged to apply for the position.
The University of Bergen applies the principles of public openness when recruiting staff to scientific positions. Information about the applicant may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be named in the list of applicants. The applicant will be notified if their request is not respected.
The successful applicant must comply with the guidelines that apply to the position at any time.
How to apply: https://id.jobbnorge.no/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2Fauth%2Fauthorize%3Fclient_id%3Djobbnorge.jobseeker%26redirect_uri%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.jobbnorge.no%252Fapps%252Fjobbsoknet%252Flogin.aspx%253Freturnurl%253D%25252fapps%25252fjobbsoknet%25252fjobapplication.aspx%25253fjobid%25253d127354%26response_type%3Dtoken
You send your application with attachments electronically via “JOBBNORGE”
The application must contain:
- a brief letter of application stating your motivation for the position and why you are applying
- an overview of your education and work experience (CV)
- witnessed copies of diplomas and relevant certificates (applicants with education from other countries than
- Norway must enclose witnessed diplomas in both the original language and authorized translations)
- complete list of publications
- two referees (name and contact information)
- The applications will be sent electronically to the assessment committee.
Please notice that the applications will be assessed only with the information available in “JobbNorge” when the deadline expires. It is the applicant`s responsibility to ensure that all relevant attachments are submitted by the deadline.
Please notice that applications sent by e-mail will not be considered.
View Originally Notification: https://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/127354/postdoctoral-fellow-3-years