Project Fellow Life Sciences Job Vacancy @ RGCB, Kerala: The Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) is a growing phenomenon. Located in Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of Kerala, RGCB began in 1990 amongst humble surroundings as a small charitable society called the Centre for Development of Education, Science and Technology (C-DEST). In 1991, recognizing its potential, the C-DEST was made a “Grant-in-Aid” institute of the Government of Kerala and renamed as Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Development of Education, Science and Technology (RGC-DEST), becoming the first institute in the country to be named after Sri Rajiv Gandhi, former Prime Minster of India.
Project Fellow Life Sciences Job Vacancy @ RGCB, Kerala
Job Title: Project Fellow
No. of Posts: One
Duration: Initially for 1 year further extension beyond the first year will depend on a good work review and evaluation report.
Job Description: The Project Fellow will work in a busy high-throughput laboratory and will be responsible for analysis of DNA samples using PCR-based technology. Duties will also include sample receipting, tracking & storage as well as DNA extraction from a range of biological matrices. Other duties include troubleshooting technical problems, updating SOPs as required, laboratory management such as placing orders, maintaining equipment, keeping/organizing records.
Age: Below 28 years as on December 5, 2016.
Monthly Fellowship: Rs. 16,000 (consolidated) plus 20% HRA. More experienced and qualified candidates can be considered for a higher fellowship. Extension beyond the first year will depend on a good work review and evaluation report.
- Post Graduate Degree degree in Life Sciences or Biotechnology or Biochemistry or Biomedical Sciences or Molecular Biology or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ documented experience in a research laboratory in DNA extraction, PCR, genotyping and making basic/standard solutions for laboratory stocks.
- Excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail and a proven ability to work efficiently in a busy, high-throughput environment.
- Ability to put data together and present to the PI as well as experience in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in genetic library construction.
- Experience with laboratory management such as placing orders, maintaining equipment, keeping/organizing records.
How to Apply:
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply and will be called for interview. In the event of more than 10 candidates being short-listed by screening the applications, a written test will be conducted before the selection interview and only those who are successful in the written test will be interviewed. No TA/ DA will be given for appearing in the interview.
Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format (Download here) with a photograph, a copy of full resume indicating the percentage of Marks obtained and attested photocopies of credentials & experience to reach the undersigned on or before 5th December, 2016. Envelopes must be superscripted with abbreviated title of the project, advertisement number and job title. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co terminus with end of the project.
Application Deadline: 05th December 2016
Download Prescribed Format: http://rgcb.res.in/uploads/2014/12/advnew.doc
View Original Notification: http://rgcb.res.in/temporary-position-available-res-01-02-11-16.php