Protein Chemistry Job | Scientist position @ Genentech, California, South San Francisco: Genentech is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. We are among the world’s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.Genentech became a member of the Roche Group in March of 2009. As part of their merger agreement, Roche and Genentech combined their pharmaceutical operations in the United States. Genentech’s South San Francisco campus now serves as the headquarters for Roche pharmaceutical operations in the United States. Genentech Research and Early Development operates as an independent center within Roche.
Protein Chemistry Job | Scientist position @ Genentech, California, South San Francisco
An exciting position for a Protein Chemistry/Bioconjugate scientist to join the Protein Chemistry department at the Scientist level.This position will broadly involve research in the area of bioconjugation, antibody engineering, protein purification, polymer chemistry, and analytic characterization of complex bioconjugates as it relates to the development of protein therapeutics for the treatment of a variety of diseases.
- To develop their own laboratory and research projects within the therapeutic areas being pursued at Genentech.
- Collaborating and working closely with scientists from diverse backgrounds to develop novel drug delivery platforms and bioconjugates to meet the clinical pipeline needs at Genentech.
- PhD in biology, protein chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics or related discipline and at least four years post PhD experience in academia (Post-doc/Assistant or Associate Professor) or industry (Scientist) working in the multi-disciplinary field of protein chemistry as well as bioconjugation.
- Experience in managing projects as well as have demonstrated leadership skills.
- Furthermore,experience in managing and mentoring scientists at all levels (interns, graduate students, Post Docs, research associates, ect.) doing cutting edge research in the area of bioconjugation, protein engineering, polymer chemistry and protein chemistry
- In addition,candidate should have designed and advanced innovative research programs in the area of drug delivery platforms for small and large molecules.
- Record of publications in high impact peer reviewed journals.
- Able to present ideas both verbally and in writing and effectively collaborate with scientists from diverse backgrounds.
- Also, Expertise in a variety of state-of-the-art analytical techniques including HPLC, LC/MS, FPLC, affinity purification, gel filtration, SEC-MALS, SEC-MALDI, ion exchange chromatography, SDS-PAGE, etc.
Location: United States – California, South San Francisco
Job type: Regular Employee
Protein Chemistry Job | Scientist position @ Genentech, California, South San FranciscoApply Now
View Original Notification: http://www.gene.com/careers/detail/00447993/Scientist-Protein-Chemistry-Genentech-Research