Research Associate Cell Biology Job @ Spotlight Therapeutics, Hayward, CA: Spotlight is hiring RA/SRA in the platform development group. An ideal candidate should be extremely proficient in cell culture, maintaining and transfecting various mouse and human cell lines. Candidate should also be comfortable handling mice post necropsy. This position supports the work of gene editing scientists as well as multidisciplinary Spotlight groups.
The candidate should have a minimum of 1-2 years of industry experience or at least 4 years of academic experience in cell biology and assay development. Experience using the CRISPR/Cas system and developing biologics, especially antibody-based therapeutics is an added bonus.
Research Associate Cell Biology Job @ Spotlight Therapeutics, Hayward, CA
- Culture, maintain and transfect immortalized and primary human and mouse cells.
- Perform various in vitro and in vivo assays.
- Design and analyze CRISPR/Cas genome editing experiments.
- Design and execute small animal (mouse) in vivo experiments.
- Systematically carry out mouse tissue dissections post necropsy.
- Prepare tissue samples for staining (fixation, embedding, sectioning).
- Carry out staining and imaging of cells and tissues using IF/IHC methods.
- Independently analyze, interpret data and troubleshoot experiments and protocols as
- Hands on experience in primary cell culture, cell-based assays, biochemical assays, flow cytometry and cell sorting, design and execution of in vivo experiments, and general cell and molecular biology techniques
- Fluorescence microscopy, live-cell microscopy and/or FACSs
- Ability to independently analyze and interpret data (e.g., GraphPad Prism, excel etc)
- Ability to work with animals and handle mouse and human tissues
- Manage multiple tasks efficiently and communicate clearly
Minimum B.S. preferably in biological sciences with 4+ years relevant industrial
or academic experience in the areas of Cellular Biology, Cellular Immunology or related field experience; or MA or MS in the Life Sciences with more than 2 years relevant industry
Research Associate Cell Biology Job @ Spotlight Therapeutics, Hayward, CA:
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send a copy of your CV to [email protected]
This hiring window will be open until August 31st, 2018.
View Advertisement: https://www.spotlighttx.com/careers/