Research Associate & Lab Technician Job Vacancies @ NII, Delhi: The National Institute of Immunology (NII) is committed to advanced research addressing the basic mechanisms involved in body’s defence to identify modalities for manipulation of the immune system to provide protection against diseases and understand mechanisms that can be used to target disease processes for intervention. The institute’s research thrust areas under immunology and related disciplines cluster in four main themes, namely, infection and immunity, molecular design, gene regulation and reproduction and development, where cutting edge research in modern biology is being carried out.
Research Associate & Lab Technician Job Vacancies @ NII, Delhi
- Research Associate
- Lab Technician (Project)
No. of. Posts: One Each
Project Title: “Functional characterization of an Immunomodulatory protein in Plasmodium” funded by SERB
Principle Investigator: Dr. Agam Prasad Singh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Emoluments: The selected candidates will draw consolidated emoluments as per Institute Rules, depending upon qualifications & experience
- Research Associate: Rs. 38,000/- per month plus 30% HRA (As per DST OM dated 21.10.2014)
- Lab Technician (Project): 19,200/- consolidated with no addional benefits.
Job Description and Desired Knowledge:
Research Associate: Immunoassays, FACS, Animal Immunization, Challenge with Plasmodium, Protein expression, Plasmodium knockout: parasite generation and characterization.
Lab Technician: Maintenance of colony and large scale production of the mosquito. Animal and mosquito infection with plasmodium and maintenance. Helping Research Associate with routine labwork, reagent preparation and animal handling etc.
- Research Associate: Ph.D in Biological Sciences with minimum two years of research experience post Ph.D. Candidates with work experience in the field of Immunology, Molecular Biology or Host Pathogen Interaction will be given prefrence.
- Lab Technician (Project): 10+2 with biology as one of the subject. Minimum three years of experience in animal handling and mosquito breeding. Candidates with B.Sc degree in any field of biological sciences will be given preference.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may apply directly, STRICTLY IN THE PRESCRIBED FORMAT LINKED BELOW, through e-mail, to the Investigator of the project, clearly indicating the name of the project along with their complete C.V., e-mail id, fax numbers, telephone numbers. Only Short listed candidates will be called for interview and they required to submit attested copies of all their certificates and a Demand Draft of Rs 100/- drawn on Canara Bank or Indian Bank payable at Delhi/New Delhi in favour of the Director, NII (SC/ST/PH and Women candidates are exempted from payment of fees) subject to submission of documentary proof), at the time of interview.
General Terms and Conditions:
- The candidates selected for the above posts will be on contract for one year or duration of the project whichever is shorter, at a time.
- No hostel/ housing facility will be provided.
- Applicants may clearly mention the category they belong to i.e. SC/ST/OBC/PH and attach documentary proof of the same.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview, if called for.
- Apart from sending application in the prescribed format given below, candidates should send complete Curriculum Vitae along with the names of three referees. Curriculum Vitae should contain details of the experimental expertise and list of publications.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
Application Deadline: 19th November 2016
Application Form and Original Notification: http://www1.nii.res.in/sites/default/files/projectappointments-Dr.Agam-19Nov2016.pdf