X-Chem Pharmaceuticals is the industry leader in DNA-encoded library drug discovery platforms, and is seeking candidates for a full-time position of Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist, Biophysics. The position is responsible for developing biophysical assays for protein targets, and assessing small molecules in biophysical assays as an essential part of partnered and internal drug discovery campaigns.
- PhD preferred, with degree of study in biophysics, biochemistry, biology, chemical biology, or equivalent
- 6-10 years of industry experience in various biophysical assay development methods (SPR, BLI, MST, ITC) in assessing protein-small molecule interactions with consistent, high-quality data analysis and independent troubleshooting
- Familiarity with enzymatic, PPI, and membrane-bound target biochemical assay development, and protein characterization techniques (size exclusion chromatography, dynamic light scattering)
- Ability to balance multiple projects at different stages
- Exceptional communication skills, and ability to present data within the company and to multiple worldwide partners
- Adept at leading and working in partnered and internal projects within a cross-functional scientific team, and able to work effectively with teams and alliance management to deliver project data within timelines
- Strong publication record of biophysical data and analysis in peer-reviewed journals
- Experience with DNA-encoded library platforms is a plus
X-Chem is a privately held biotechnology company whose mission is to apply its innovative drug discovery capabilities to the discovery of compounds against novel therapeutic targets.
X-Chem offers a stimulating, casual, and fun working environment; plus a competitive salary and benefits package, stock option incentives, and the opportunity for all employees to grow with the Company. X-Chem is an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work in the United States.
No Employment Agencies please, the Company is not responsible for any fees related to candidates that are unsolicited.
How to Apply:
- Company X-Chem, Inc.
- Contact Name Human Resources
- Email [email protected]
- Position Location Waltham, MA
- Minimum Required Education: PhD
- Minimum Preferred Education: Masters
- Minimum Years Experience: 6-10