Scientist C (Metabolomics) & Scientist D (Biology, Proteomics) @ THSTI: Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology under the Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. THSTI is developed as a part of the interdisciplinary NCR Biotech Science Cluster located at Faridabad. THSTI is designed as a dynamic, interactive organization with a mission to conduct innovative translational research and to develop research collaborations across disciplines and professions to translate concepts into tangible products to improve human health.
Scientist C (Metabolomics) & Scientist D (Biology, Proteomics) @ THSTI
This recruitment is to fill up the vacancies in the project entitled “Integrating Herbal Medicine of NER with Contemporary Approaches to Develop Therapeutic Strategies for Metabolic Syndrome” under Drug Discovery Research Centre of THSTI
Job Title : Scientist D (Biology)
No of Position : 1
Maximum monthly consolidated emoluments : Upto Rs. 76,883/-
Age Limit : 50 years
Qualifications & Experience : Highly motivated scientist with PhD in any area of Life Sciences and a minimum of three years of post-doctoral experience in a reputed Institution. Demonstrated experience in routine techniques in bacterial and mammalian cell culture, gene transformation and transfection using Lentiviral and Gateway cloning systems, gene silencing using siRNA/shRNAs, in addition to gene cloning/manipulation and over-expression in mammalian expression systems. Candidate must also have proven expertise in proteomic and metabolomic analysis by mass spectrometry and this experience should include the use of both labeling and label-free approaches. Demonstrated experience in using the tools of Systems Biology such as network analysis, graph theory, and pathway analysis.
Desirable : A good understanding of metabolic networks and familiarity with gene engineering using the CRISPR-Cas9 system.
Job Description : To lead an inter-disciplinary team that integrates experimental mass spectrometric data with systems-level analysis to define disease-specific networks, and to functionally validate non-redundant targets identified
Apply Online for Scientist D (Biology): http://www.thsti.res.in/apply_online/instructiions-for-application.php?pageto=admin&rn=MTM3&jt=MzA3
Job Title : Scientist C (Metabolomics)
No of Position : 1
Maximum monthly consolidated emoluments : Upto Rs. 66,750 /-
Age Limit : 40 years
Qualifications & Experience : Highly motivated individual with PhD in any area of Life Sciences with a minimum of one year of post-doctoral experience in a reputed institution. Demonstrated experience in large-scale metabolite analysis by mass spectrometry, which should include proven expertise in both targeted and untargeted modes of analysis. Should be capable of quantitative analysis of the metabolites.
Job Description : To lead a team engaged in metabolomics and integrate with the systems biology team to extract metabolic networks and define disease-specific topologies.
Desirable : A good understanding of metabolic networks and experience in the basic techniques of cell and molecular biology.
Apply Online Scientist C (Metabolomics): http://www.thsti.res.in/apply_online/instructiions-for-application.php?pageto=admin&rn=MTM3&jt=MzA4
Job Title : Scientist D (Proteomics)
No of Position : 1
Maximum monthly consolidated emoluments : Upto Rs. 76,883/-
Age Limit: 50 years
Qualifications & Experience : Highly motivated scientist with Ph.D.in Biotechnology/ Proteomics /Bioinformatics and minimum 8 years of overall work experience with strong background and relevant expertise in the field of proteomics and High Resolution Mass Spectrometry. Candidate must have proven expertise in sample processing for qualitative, quantitatively (iTRAQ, TMT and 180 labeling) and phosphoproteomic enrichment. The candidate must have extensive experience of MS data analysis and specific experience of Proteome Discoverer and other MS software packages. Experience of manual interpretation of MS spectra is highly desirable. Ability to develop new methodologies in the area of mass spectrometry skills in developing and improving algorithms for solving biological problems in data analysis also expected.
Job Description :
To initiate projects and see them through with the help of the team members and lead an integrative, multidisciplinary research, develop necessary techniques and technologies
to complement work. Providing scientific and technical recommendations to improve the quality of results and the platform.
Desirable : Experience in cell biology assays such as cell proliferation, cell imaging, flow cytometry, and immunostaining.
Apply Online for Scientist D (Proteomics): http://www.thsti.res.in/apply_online/instructiions-for-application.php?pageto=admin&rn=MTM3&jt=MzA2
The procedure for online application:
- Before filling online application, do keep the following documents handy:
- A soft copy of your passport size photo.
- A comprehensive CV (PDF format only) containing details of qualification, positions held, professional experience/distinctions etc.
- Application fee in the form of demand draft for an amount of Rs. 100/- in the favour of “Translational Health Science and Technology Institute” payable at Gurgaon (SC/ST/Women/PwD candidates are exempted from payment of application fees).
- Once online application is submitted, no correction/modification is possible.
- In case of difficulty in filling up the online form, please contact email@example.com
- On successful submission of your application, an auto-generated email containing a reference number will be sent to the email address provided. Please keep a note of the reference number for future correspondence.
- The following be done after submission of online application:
- Take a print out of the application.
- Please sign the application at the appropriate place and send the signed application with demand draft, CV, self-attested copies of certificates / documents pertaining to educational qualification and experience by speed post /registered post so as to reach on or before the last date at the address given below.
Head – Administration
Translational Health Science and Technology Institute
NCR Biotech Science Cluster, 3rd Milestone, Faridabad – Gurgaon Expressway, P.O. Box No. 04, Faridabad – 121001
- Please super-scribe the post applied for on the envelope.
- Please note that the application without signature, or those received after due date or incomplete in any other respect will be summarily rejected.
- Last date for submission of online application: 12.08.2016
- Last date for receiving the signed hard copy of application at THSTI: 19.08.2016
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Appointment will be made on contract initially for a period of one year with an initial probation period of six months that may be extended at the discretion of the competent Authority.
- All educational, professional and technical qualification should be from a recognized Board/University.
- Persons working in Govt. / PSUs / autonomous bodies should apply through proper channel or produce a relevant ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of interview .
- Age and other relaxations for direct recruits and departmental candidates: 1. By 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST communities. 2. By 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC communities. 3. For Persons with Disabilities (PwD) falling under the following categories : (i) UR – 10 years , ii) OBC – 13 years (iii) SC/ST – 15 years 4. For Ex-servicemen upto the extent of service rendered in defence forces (Army, Navy & Air force) plus 3 years provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months attested service.
- Relaxation of 5 years will also be permissible to those who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 01/01/1980 to 31 /12/1989 subject to production of relevant certificate from concerned authority. 6. Age is relaxable for Government servants up to 5 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government, from time to time 7. There is no upper age limit for the Institute employees who are treated as departmental candidates.
- The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications from candidates.
- The age limit, qualification, experience and other requirements may be relaxed at the discretion of the competent authority, in case of candidates who are otherwise In case candidates are not found suitable for the posts notified, they may be offered lower post / lower emoluments on the recommendation of the Selection Committee.
- Number of positions filled will be as per the Institute’s need and availability of the suitable candidates.
- Number of vacancies may vary based on the requirement at the time of interview.
- Outstation SC/ST/PwD candidates called for the interview will be paid to & fro second class railway fare, as per Govt. of India rules on production of the proof of travel.
- In case a large number of applications are received for each post, screening will be done to limit the number of candidates to those possessing higher/relevant qualification and experience.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
- All results will be published on our website and all future communications will be only Page4 of 6 through email.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification
- Interested candidates are requested to submit the online application on or before the last date and send the signed hard copy of application with all enclosures on or before the specified date.
View Original Notification: http://www.thsti.res.in/down_file.php?file=146770901039THS-RN-21-2016.pdf