Scientist, Mass Spectrometry & Metabolism @ Elucidata | BioChem Adda Exclusive: Humanity is on the cusp of a revolution in life sciences & medicine. Traditional ways to understand diseases and underlying biology of organisms are being fundamentally altered by new technology. Cutting-edge technology generate complex data sets. Analyzing and interpreting such datasets is key to finding the next generation of cures.
About the Role
- We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled research scientist with a strong background in mass spectrometry/metabolism to join Elucidata in New Delhi.
- Scientific lead for a team that is developing software for metabolomics data processing, analysis and visualization.
- Derive biological insights from metabolomics datasets using the repertoire of internal and external softwares.
- Develop and/or adopt published algorithms that enable extraction of biological insights from metabolomics datasets.
- Present results and conclusions clearly and succinctly in a variety of team settings.
- Drive efforts around the publication of peer-reviewed research papers, technical notes and scientific blogs.
- Serve as a project team leader, and provide mentorship to junior scientists
- Ph.D. or Masters in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Metabolism or related fields.
- 3-5+ years of industry/post-graduate academic experience (optional).
- Expertise and experience in metabolism, biochemistry and molecular biology techniques are required.
- Prior bioinformatics experience is required. Experience of working in SaaS is a plus.
- Ability to analyze and interpret in vitro assays to demonstrate the impact of modulation of metabolic pathways via genetic manipulation or small molecules.
- Ability to work with both in-house and on-site scientists and clients to design and interpret metabolomics experiments. Experience in using softwares like Metaboanlyst, ingenuity etc. would be helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to work across functions and within external collaborations.
- Experience in cellular metabolism.
- Prior experience of working with software engineering teams to build software products and understanding of software development life cycle is a strong positive.
- Prior experience directing work with external academic or industry collaborators or with contract research organizations.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Independent, creative, highly motivated team player with a “nothing is impossible” attitude.
How to Apply:
Please click on the link mentioned below and apply to the position directly on the website.
Scientist, Mass Spectrometry & Metabolism @ Elucidata | BioChem Adda Exclusive
Elucidata empowers scientists trying to find cures for world’s deadliest diseases. We create products, algorithms, and visualizations that will make data driven workflows the default in medicine research. Our partners include world’s most innovative biotech companies and academic labs. Our team draws from varied backgrounds such as computational biology, mathematics, technology, engineering & design from leading universities such as MIT and IITs.