Sr. Research Associate II – LC/MS @ Broad Institute: The Broad Institute is in search of a highly motivated and capable Sr. Research Associate II to join the analytical chemistry group within the Center for the Development of Therapeutics (CDoT). CDoT is committed to developing and applying novel drug discovery approaches and technologies to address critical unmet medical needs not being tackled elsewhere. The successful candidate will share this commitment and be part of a team that drives innovation to solve therapeutic challenges. As a lab-based position, the candidate is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of LC-MS methods for use in interrogating therapeutic biology targets as well as providing bio-analytical support for the Broad community. Experience with bioanalytical/biochemical assay development and LC-MS instrumentation is required. Methods will be developed on instrumentation including Thermo Q-Exactive HF hybrid quadrupole-orbitrap, Waters G2-XS Q-TOF, AB Sciex 4500 Triple Quadrupole, and Agilent 6230 TOF mass spectrometers with UHPLC or RapidFire separations. This position requires cross-functional collaboration with biologists, organic chemists, software engineers, and other institute members on a daily basis. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, conducting bench level experiments; operating and maintaining laboratory instrumentation; and preparing, ordering, and maintaining necessary reagents, solutions, and supplies.
- Implements and executes bioanalytical liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry-based methods targeting biochemical, biophysical, functional, and enzymatic small molecule interactions.
- Participates and provides scientific input in novel bioanalytical method development.
- Effectively designs, validates and implements standard operating protocols for operation and maintenance of analytical instrumentation including UHPLC-MS, LC-MS, and SFC-MS.
- Implements and executes on chromatographic methods for use in the assessment of chemical library purity and for use in high-throughput purification.
- Documents, compiles, and analyzes experimental data. Reports data in ELN and to supervisor in oral and written reports.
- Attends and presents at team meetings to share results, plan projects and experiments, and ensure that projects support current team goals in a dynamic environment.
- Consults with literature and other scientific materials as needed to maintain high level of professional expertise.
- Contributes to development and implementation of short- and long-term technical and organizational group objectives.
- Acts as scientific mentor to younger group members.
- Bachelor’s in chemistry, biochemistry, or analytical chemistry and at least 8 years of experience in related laboratory techniques, or Master’s and 5 years.
- Strong hands-on LC-MS instrumentation skills and the ability to independently develop, implement, and execute bioanalytical LC-MS based assays
- Experience with Waters MassLynx, Agilent MassHunter, AB Sciex Analyst and DiscoveryQuant, and/or Thermo Excalibur software packages
- Concrete experience with assay development: bioanalytical or other assays
- Must be able to apply new knowledge and solve complex problems in a creative and effective way.
- Must be able to work independently and be comfortable spending a majority of time performing bench-top science.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff and with external contacts in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional organizational and critical thinking skills, lab notebook practices and attention to detail are essential.
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, 02142, United States
Job ID: 39187633
Posted: January 31, 2018
Position Title: Sr. Research Associate II – LC/MS
Company Name: Broad Institute
Industry: Bio-analysis, Fundamentals, Hardware Maintenance, HPLC, LC-MS, Peptide Sequencing, Pharmaceuticals, Proteomics, Quantitation
Job Function: Res. & Dev. Scientist
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate, Master’s Degree
Min Experience: 3-5 Years
How to Apply: Please visit the following link and apply for this job –