Structural Biology Jobs | Postdoctoral Fellow @ inStem: The Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine (inStem), is a state-of-the-art research institute in Bangalore, India, dedicated to the study of stem cell and regenerative biology. An autonomous institute funded by the Dept of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, inStem emphasizes collaborative research in stem cell biology. inStem’s mandate to allow this cross-disciplinary, multi-pronged approach to research, straddles the divide between clinical and laboratory research in stem cell biology. In trying to answer intractable and challenging questions that face the field, inStem seeks to rewrite the paradigm of the research institute: without barriers and across disciplines.
Research Scientist/Postdoctoral Fellow
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- A recent PhD in Structural Biology or Biochemistry or a related field, with a proven track record in macromolecular crystallography.
- Hands on experience in cloning, recombinant protein expression and purification
- Expertise in solving protein structure by crystallization, X-ray diffraction and related tools. Experience in structure based drug design is advantageous.
- Experience in drug binding studies using structure activity relationship studies (SAR) and protein-protein interaction studies using 1D NMR would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of instruments such as protein fermenter, FPLC, circular dichroism, isothermal calorimetry, dynamic light scattering, Surface Plasmon resonance etc
- In this position you will coordinate with cell biologists, computational and medicinal chemists to understand the molecular nature of the protein-ligand and protein-drug interaction.
- Perform cloning, protein expression and purification studies
- Biophysical characterization of protein-ligand and protein-small molecule interactions
- Support and enable reproducible large-scale protein purifications in quantity and quality suitable for X-ray crystallography
- Regular data analysis, project updates, literature survey and presentations on the target(s)
- Participate in project team meeting and contribute to the projects intellectually
Structural Biology Jobs | Postdoctoral Fellow @ inStem
DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of the results and of written reports. Organize and prioritize work performed in the laboratory.
- Expedite the completion of projects and ensure that appropriate turn-around goals are met. Perform troubleshooting of problems with procedures, methods and protocols in all aspects of molecular and structural biology.
- Monitor and assure that appropriate procedures of protein crystallography are followed for quality control and quality assurance and that proper documentation is logged in.
- Give presentations to the group members as well as at educational workshops of the department.
- Support protein design, expression and purification to support small-molecule discovery
- Biophysical characterization of proteins and protein-ligand complexes to facilitate protein crystallization and protein science studies (e.g. DLS, ITC, DSC, fluorescence, NMR)
- Design of protein constructs for SBDD and protein sciences experiments
- Lead determination of high quality protein structures and co-crystal structures through crystallization, data collection and refinement
- Communicating effectively with medicinal and computational chemists to translate hit to leads
- Familiarity with up-to-date laboratory safety protocols and employs them in the course of all work.
- Generation of experimental documentation including reporting.
- Careful experimentation and record keeping.
- Help with the organization and maintenance of the laboratory and its equipment.
- Participate in research discussions with members of the research teams in a highly collaborative research environment.
Date of Posting: 22-06-2016
Structural Biology Jobs | Postdoctoral Fellow @ inStemView Original Notification