Training Programme for LC-MS-based Proteomics @ CCMB, Hyderabad: CCMB proposes a training course in LC-MS based Proteomics designed for beginners as well as experienced researchers/technicians who want to expand their knowledge and understanding of LC-MS based proteomics. We cover the theory and practical aspects of mass spectrometry-based proteomics to the extent necessary to understand the operation of instruments to make the attendees confident to use LC/MS on a daily basis. Researchers, practitioners, technicians, and others who are currently using LC, LC/MS, or plan to use LC/MS in the future, and those dealing with data produced by LC/MS are encouraged to apply.
Training Programme for LC-MS-based Proteomics @ CCMB, Hyderabad
Duration: 2 weeks
No. of seats: 12 No.s
Education Qualifications: M.Sc., B.Tech., M.V.Sc., MBBS, M.Pharma
Age group: 21-45 years (relaxation for SC/ST/OBC as per GOI rules)
Date of Commencement: 3rd October 2018
Venue of the Course: CSIR-CCMB, Main Campus
Course Fee: Rs. 25,000/- for basic course (self/sponsored)
Residential/non-residential: Residential (accommodation provided)
Sponsorship: Established public/private sectors are welcomed to sponsor candidates of their interest.
Training Curriculum for Basic Course | Training Programme for LC-MS-based Proteomics @ CCMB, Hyderabad:
- Basic operational fundamentals of liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, and LC/MS interface.
- An overview of LC/MS applications in pharmaceutical, chemical, and biotechnology industries plus information on forensic and toxicological applications.
- Introduction to mass spectrometry instrumentation; Introduction to data analysis.
- Qualitative and quantitative aspects of LC-MS: from simple molecular weight determination to large-scale proteome analysis: Sample preparation of LC-MS, SDS PAGE, staining/destaining, processing of gel pieces towards in-gel trypsin digestion, extraction of peptides, desalting, LC-MS run & data analysis of MS data.
- Discussion and troubleshooting
Salient Features of the Training:
- 30% theory and 70% practical sessions as per the course curriculum.
- Hand-out information on practical modules
- Tutorials (personal attention)
- Lectures are assisted with multimedia aids
- Case studies
- Group discussions
- Central facility visits within the laboratory
- Assessments -theory and practicals
- A certificate will be issued to the successful candidates
How to apply | Training Programme for LC-MS-based Proteomics @ CCMB, Hyderabad:
Candidates interested in the above course(s) need to apply online through their Employer/Director/Manager/CEO/Principal/DEAN/HOD (wherever applicable) in the prescribed format. Please read the instructions carefully to ensure selection. Only short-listed candidates will be informed via email; who would further need to send in their acceptance along with course fee (as Demand Draft in favor of Director, CCMB; payable at Hyderabad) addressed to Co-ordinator, Skill Development Program, CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Habsiguda, Uppal Road, Hyderabad 500 007. Candidates will not be provided TA/DA and accommodation would be provided. For any queries, please send email to [email protected].