United States-India Science and Technology Endowment Fund call for proposals at IUSSTF – Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum
United States-India Science and Technology
“Commercializing Technologies for Societal Impact “
The Authorities of the United States of America (through the Department of State) and India (through the Department of Science & Technology) have created that the United States – India Science & Technology Endowment Fund (USISTEF) for the marketing of joint actions which would Lead to invention and technopreneurship throughout the use of science and technologies. The Endowment Fund actions are executed and handled throughout the bi-national Indo-U.S.
Call For Proposal:
The fund intends to choose and financially encourage promising joint U.S.-India entrepreneurial endeavors which address the subject of “Commercializing Technologies for Societal Impact” via a competitive grant application.
Grants size up to INR 2.50 Crores or approx USD 400,000* .
* all grants are awarded in Indian Rupees (INR) only and subject to prevailing exchange rate.
Bi-national teams of entrepreneurs and innovators with:
• Innovative product or technology beyond the idea stage
• High societal impact
• Significant potential to commercialize within 2-3 years
- Proposals must include a minimum of one partner from each country
- The bi-national teams can include:
(i) Incorporated companies including start-ups; or
(ii) Non-incorporated entities; or
(iii) Individuals or consortia from academia, government laboratories, non-government R&D institutions
- Biomedical devices & diagnostics
- Food and nutrition products
- Preventive & curative measures to improve health.
- Financial inclusion
- Information and communication technology
Proposal Submission Deadline: 15 June 2018
United States-India Science and Technology Endowment Fund call for proposals @ IUSSTF
Contact us at: [email protected]