Virology Jobs | Associate Scientist Position @ MSD, Boxmeer, Netherlands: Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE: MRK), d.b.a. Merck Sharp & Dohme (MSD) outside the United States and Canada, is an American pharmaceutical company and one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
The company was established in 1891 as the United States subsidiary of the German company Merck, which was founded in 1668 by the Merck family. Merck & Co. was nationalized by the US government during World War I and subsequently established as an independent American company in 1917. While it operates as Merck & Co. in North America, the original Merck based in Darmstadt holds the rights to the Merck name everywhere else. Merck & Co. is the world’s seventh largest pharmaceutical company by market capitalization and revenue. Its headquarters is located in Kenilworth, New Jersey.
Virology Jobs | Associate Scientist Position @ MSD, Boxmeer, Netherlands
Associate scientist Job
Date: Jun 8, 2016
Location: Boxmeer, NL
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
As an associate scientist you will be working in the Global CA R&D Bio Boxmeer Department in the area of viral and/or bacterial vaccines development.
Your responsibilities comprise:
- Support in organizing, execution and reporting of (animal) experiments and departmental activities under the supervision of responsible scientist
- Growth, quantification and characterization of pathogens (mainly viruses but also potentially bacteria, parasites) using in-vitro and in-vivo test systems.
- Preparation of materials for in-vitro and in-vivo testing.
- To perform laboratory activities for the development of new in-vitro or in-vivo test methods or production processes according to the instructions and overall guidelines.
- Support in conducting (sub) projects by performing the development and/or transfer of new or improvement of existing products, production processes or laboratory methods and techniques in consultation with the direct manager.
- Maintain contacts with involved departments (e.g. production, quality, animal research, regulatory affair departments)
- Running experiments and aspects of department procedures according to GLP and SHE compliance requirements. May act as study supervisor in GLP studies.
- Interacts closely with fellow scientists within own and other departments.
- Supports training of trainees and new employees
Required knowledge and skills
- HLO with at least 1 year experience in the subject area.
- Experience in laboratory techniques associated within the areas of virology, molecular biology and cell culture.
- Experience with and proactive approach to GLP and SHE requirements.
- An adequate level of English (written and spoken) is necessary.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to master new research areas and techniques is a pre-requisite.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Information & application for Virology Jobs | Associate Scientist Position @ MSD, Boxmeer, Netherlands
For information about this vacancy please contact Saskia Van de Zande +31485587790.
For questions about this process contact Luc Wijnans, Recruiter on +31412663496
Job Title: Associate scientist
Primary Location: EMEA-Netherlands-NB-Boxmeer
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name: MSD
Job Segment: Scientific, Scientist, Law, Laboratory, Engineering, Science, Legal, Research
Virology Jobs | Associate Scientist Position @ MSD, Boxmeer, NetherlandsApply Now
View original notification: http://jobs.msd.com/MSD/job/Boxmeer-Associate-scientist-Job-NB/346426100/